Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Party Changer

found a bug.
I tested the game with 15 actors.
the last three didnt show the sprites when forming the party. I can still select them, but its just that their graphics doesnt show.

thats ace, no more bugs to look for now...damn :p jk
thanks again.

I havent tried removing party members yet, but im assuming when you remove a party member through the use of "change party member", that actor disappears from the list (and doesn't lose any of their stats or anything?) if so, then i guess this script is perfect! :D

^_^ everything works fine now. And i'll be implementing this into my game extremely soon and of course you will be fully credited for it.

i have another request (and i dont really expect it to be accepted due to the nature of it, it just sounds difficult anyways :p ). request:

would it be possible to allow us to customise the design of the windows perhaps. Like using pictures and things like using face sets in the same style as CMS's.

again, i understand this is pretty far fetched as i think it would involve a redesign (i know nothing about scripting XD).

No, I won't add this as a feature. Simply because it would be too hard to please everybody with this kind of feature...

But if you want the design to be different in your game, I would be happy to help you.;) Just PM me with all the informations, images if necessary, and I'll do it for you!

Sorry if this was said before, but how can you make it so the lead party member's position cannot be rearranged? I want it so he is always at the top.

Hey Dargor, love the script! I really wanna use it. One question though. Is it possible for it the actor_graphics to be changed to a graphic in the Pictures folder? With the same name as the actor of course. I tried many different things but couldnt work it out. Do you know a way?

(Instead of default actor graphic, a picture with the same name as the actor, in the Pictures map)

SCRIPT UPDATED

You can now lock the leader's position.
Call the scene using:
Code:
[SIZE=2]$scene = Scene_Party.new(max_members, forced_members, lock_leader?)[/SIZE]
Where lock_leader? = true/false
When using this feature, you must have your leader's id in the forced_members array.

Exemple:
Code:
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]$scene = Scene_Party.new(4, [1], true)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
This will call the scene with Aluxes as the leader and a maximum of 4 members in the party.

New2Ya;238238":1zdal35s said:
Eh not to be rude, but how? O_o

Glad to know it's possible though! :)

Well, I don't exactly know how I will do that but I guess the image size will be something like 128x64.

SCRIPT UPDATED

I added the party changer to the default battle system (version 1.9). It's possible to add/remove it using:
Code:
$game_temp.party_changer_in_battle = true/false
You can also use the max members, forced members and lock leader options using:
Code:
$game_temp.party_changer_args = [max_members,forced_members,lock_leader?]

Dargor;238352 said:
Well, I don't exactly know how I will do that but I guess the image size will be something like 128x64.

SCRIPT UPDATED

I added the party changer to the default battle system (version 1.9). It's possible to add/remove it using:
Code:
$game_temp.party_changer_in_battle = true/false
You can also use the max members, forced members and lock leader options using:
Code:
$game_temp.party_changer_args = [max_members,forced_members,lock_leader?]
Oh okay but youre trying to find out how. Thats good. Good luck!

Hey, this is a great script! I'm trying out version 1.7 in my game. None of the other scripts have satisfied me thus far, except for yours. I especially like that you show pertinent stat information.

I read through this entire thread, but there are still a few things I'm confused on in trying to follow the discussion. I believe you mentioned that you were working on making your party changer script compatible with the Large Party script. I was wondering, has this been completed yet? I was hoping to allow for five people in my active party at most. I've tried changing "max_members" to "5", but this has yielded no results.

So I noticed that in addition to the "Change Party Member" control adding available party members to the pool of switchable characters (as mentioned above), "Removing" party members also removes them from this pool. Very convenient! Boy am I glad I don't have to keep going with my old event-based method of switching parties. That's infinitely tedious, though I don't doubt that your script was a lot of hard work as well.

I happened to encounter an error with your script:
"Script 'Party_Changer' line 164: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'include?' for nil:NilClass"
Line 164: if not @members.include?(actor)

This only occurred in a Loaded Game, but when I started a New Game, the error disappeared. Instead, it was replaced with an odd phenomenon where the first character was displayed twice. One of them was already in the party (as it was forced to start in the party). I attempted to seek a remedy to this by Adding the character (already in the party) to the party in a "startup" event. This left only one of this character in the party changing menu. However, when I saved and reloaded the game, there was once again a clone of the character waiting in the party changing menu. This seems odd, but sadly it's beyond me.

Thanks!

I'm glad you like it!
That's an interresting bug. I must admit that I never tried to load a game with this script... Shame on me!:p The script is probably keeping the old party members when loading a game.
I am working on adding the large party compatibility right now. It should be there soon.

Thanks a lot for the bug report and your support!
Everything should be fixed soon.:thumb:

-Dargor

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.