Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Party Changer

i have another problem... everything works fine, but when i form my party... i have two lead actors... i am using mr. mo's sbabs... so if there is a way to temporiarly remove all members from your party while changing... then have a completely new party...

if this is hard to understand, i have a demo...

Would you please wait for an answer before posting 4 times....

My Commands Manager script is in this section of the forum. If you can't find something, use the search engine.

I posted this script tomorrow morning, it should be somewhere in the first page of the Submitted Script section.

Okay I'll try again

EDIT:: Okay Yes it works fine, I think i accidently clicked cancel or something when I went to change the script to Version 1.5 because it still had version 1.3 in there. Thanks.

@brandonrichard
I'm sorry but I can't help you. You have an illegal version of RMXP and this forum does not support piracy. Please get the legal version, $60 USD. ;)

awesome script. However, when using 1.5 in your demo, event "ev002" doesnt function correctly. The cursor remains on the "reset", "confirm", "arrange", with only reset being available; so you cant create a party and you cant exit the party changer screen.

also, i have yet to implement this into my game (heres hoping it works correctly with SDK scripts).

One request for an addon:

is it possible to allow the inactive party members to gain "x" amount of exp earned with the active party. I said "x" to leave it open for others, but for an example lets say something like 30% of the total exp earned after each battle.

Yeah, sure! That's a good idea.
The reason why it remains on the reset button (with confirm and arrange disabled) is because you don't have at least 1 member in your party. Just press the reset button. It will switch to the members window.

awesome, looking forward to the exp addition ^_^

i tried it again, but when i choose "reset" the cursor jumps back to the "reset" command again in under a second. So i cant even add a party member :( My game will always have the main character in the party so im ok with it :p But it could become a problem if others experience the same problem too.

NEW FEATURE
Members who are not in the party can get a % of the EXP earned in battles. Change @members_gain_exp and @members_exp_rate under Game_Temp.

@darksora
Ok, I understand why event 2 causes problems in the demo with version 1.5. It will also cause errors with latest versions because of the ''max members'' feature. In versions 1.5+ you have to call the scene this way:
Code:
$scene = Scene_Party.new(max_members, forced_members)
instead of:
Code:
$scene = Scene_Party.new(initial_index, forced_members)
In event 2, the scene is called with 0 as first argument. It means that version 1.5+ will take 0 as the max members but you can't confirm a selection if there's 0 members in your party. Just remove the (0) after Scene_Party.new and everything should work fine.

Now that's a really cool feature!!:thumb:
Keep up your good work!!
(Wow. You add features so quickly it's unbelievable! wasn't it v1.2 the day before yesterday and now 1.6...^_^)

wow! im really impressed with your dedication to this ^_^ Thank you so much for the fast updates :)

You posted the new script as text so the similes are showing up instead of it being in code.

you might also want to change the demo in the first post as many will download the demo to get the script instead of taking it from the post. :)

Huge thanks again ^_^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.