Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Why do so few people use IGM?

In your opinion / experience, why do so few people use IGM?

It's obvious that the program absolutely bombed in the English community.

Personally I think it just tried to be too complicated with it's interface, and eB tried too hard to be something more than just RPG Maker. I dunno, it just doesn't have the usability and functionality that I thought it would have.

Old-ish topic. Oh well. IGM I found using the trial was just impractical. The fact that I had to find my own resources to actually even try and grasp what the hell was going was annoying. If I got use to it I'd love to take a shot at making a game but the whole layout and lack of a strong community behind the source made it impossible to give me a reason to buy the full version.

I'd be more than willing to encourage IGM here and set up tutorials and things and help people but

1. I personally hate the program for the reasons described above
2. I've yet to find a single person interested in it

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.