Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Want an Event System?

Well, i've been very bored with rmxp lately, and I have no event system ideas.

So, i've decided to take event system requests.

Please note: I will NOT take battle system requests. I am working on one now. Don't bother me. (You can if you're making a paid request...)

Another note: I will only take requests that interest me. Don't request stuff like this:
zomg plz giv me a evnt cms it wld pwn!!

I will ignore you.

Just describe what you want, name it and reply or PM me.

The cost of a paid request depends on the difficulty.

Very Easy - 3$/h
Easy - 5$/h
Medium - 7$/h
Hard - 9$/h
Very Hard - 11$/h

($/h = dollars per hour)

I am now taking paid requests!

They are like regular requests, only I do them before the unpaid requests,
and they can be any system. Even an ABS with a full combo system!

I can't take more than one more request right now, as I am eventing
for an important customer. This one more request is first come first serve.
Hello - Cell Phone System - 100% Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7e28669a9545db99d2db6fb9a8902bda

Martinez - Video Game System - 100% Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7e28669a9545db99d2db6fb9a8902bda

StarGGundam - Jump Button + Clock - 100% Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7e28 ... b9a8902bda

Kraft - Trapped Hall - 75%

Bojjenclon - Evented Title Scene - 100% Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7e28 ... b9a8902bda

Hello near,

I thought it would be interesting to have a video game system.

Example:
Player walks up to tv screen, turns it on, turns the game system on, a change character graphic event command is made, and some sort of pong-like or rpg inside an rpg.
Maybe this can be done by changing the map of the player, but without the actual player knowing.
Also making it a dependency to turn both the tv and the system on would be cool too.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to seeing your twist on this.

Star

Sponsor

Hey Near

How about a working clock that runs on the screen maybe. At a 24 hours = 24 minutes. I won't be able to use it if it appears using the event timer. Cause it will clash with DNS and NPC Schedule Events XD.

Ahh you don't have to do it if you don't want too it might not be possible without drawing things

If that doesn't take your interest. What about an event based jumping command with a button press

Zeriab

Sponsor

Since you seem to want something to do I present you two tasks I wrote for my eventing student ages ago.
Feel free to do them or not. I don't need them or anything.
*hugs*
- Zeriab

Task
I know you are probably busy with your Day/Night System, but since I am not home the next couple of days I'll give you something extra to consider. ^_^

You may not have any use of this unless you move to RM2K(3), but it is probably still useful to know. Note: My examples are intended for teaching purpose, not as practical examples.

This is about controlling the flow of parallel processes.

Let's say you have 2, no 4 parallel processes on what the hero does.
All 4 parallel processes run all the time. All processes use 1 page. I.e. no page change with switches or similar. (Remember what I talked about it not being practical?)

This hero has a choice to answer yes and no.
Before the hero answers the 4 parallel processes idle or adds to a variable, just whatever. Let's just say they check for conditions, but does not do anything else.

If the hero selects yes, then all the parallel processes does something, it can be whatever. Play a sound, count something, change a sprite and so on. They could do something different, but not necessarily. The important bit is that the parallel processes are independent of each other, they do not know each other, they only know what the player selects in the question.
Let's say the parallel processes take action Y when the player selects Yes the first time.
The parallel processes take action N when the player selects No the first time.

Notice that I said the first time. This because the player gets a yes/no question 7 times.

Now, if the player previously chose Yes and then chooses Yes the parallel processes take action YY
If the player previously chose Yes and then chooses No the parallel processes take action YN
If the player previously chose No and then chooses Yes the parallel processes take action NY
If the player previously chose No and then chooses No the parallel processes take action NN

Only the previous and current choice is taken into account.
This leaves 6 different actions for the parallel process to take.
They most take non while the player chooses and only take the appropriate action once when the player chooses.

I hope I explained the problem well enough.
Good luck ^_^

~ Zeriab

Task
I have indeed a task for you. I will ask you again not to use scripts.
What I want is a boulder pushing minigame.
The type where you have to push boulders over to specific tiles.
A boulder can be on any specific tile and you win when all boulders are on the specific tiles.
There can be more tiles then boulders. Well... there can be more boulders than tiles if you want that as well, but it is not a requirement.

I am going to give you two hints.
Hint 1: It might be a good idea seeing whether or not you can use the new stuff you have learned about common event ;)
Hint 2: It might be a good idea to research terrain tags and how to use them.

Good luck ^_^

~ Zeriab

Kraft

Sponsor

Here is one for you... I made one of these already, and it took freaking... like 5 hours, but it works.

Basically imagine this... you are running from one end of the hall way to another, and there are darts that shoot out of the wall and if they hit you, the screen turns red and you are teleported back to the beginning. Then, make things on the ground, like holes that the player has to walk around. (ie, you cant just run straight across)

I think the problem you will have (or at least I did) is if you use the "event touch" thing, you can still walk right past it. Even if it hits you, if you are moving it will not run anything.

The darts also need to be going pretty fast... not like you can dodge around them while they are shooting ^_^

Anyways, yeah... I made it in VX, and it took me a while to get everything right.

Also, because of the amount of events it took me to do it, I had to use a antilag script and enable it during this map. It shows it all down, so maybe if you could find a streamlined way that was event-friendly, that would be awesome.

I can also upload my version if you want, so you can look at it. (again, its in VX) I dont know if it being in VX as opposed to XP would make a huge difference though... Nevermind ^_^

~Kraft

This may be a strange request, but I think it should be relatively easy for you and would help me a lot. Here's what I want:

Short Description: Basically a CMS "blueprint"

Longer Description: I want an evented CMS that is basically the same as the base menu that RMXP comes with. Just the basic choices with selection options and a basic background. I want to make my own, but I'm not really sure where to start, so if you could just give me a base I think I could pick it up from there. If you need more info let me know. I think I provided everything, but just in case...

i think hes talking about the title screen. is that what youre talking about boj?

or are you wanting one for title screen, item screen, status screen, main menu screen, skill screen etc?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.