Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Walking NPCs

Whats the trick to getting NPCs to walk around the village?  ive tried useing both the autonomous/custom movement and setting the path though the set move route, but they still won't move!  ive been forum dredging on dialup for the last several hours and i havent found any tutorials.  if anyone knows where one is, that would be awesome : )

regi

Sponsor

You're not understanding how events work. Only one page can ever be activated at the same time. That page is determined by the highest number with conditions met. So in your case, only page 2 would run.

Instead of using two pages, just simply have one page with an "Action Button" and have your commands there. Then use the "Random" or "Custom" Autonomous Movement section in the event.

@ Regi  I understand about the highest page having priority, i just didnt know that i could put a random movement with an action button trigger, i thought it needed to be autonomous for the random movement to work.  it would be a lot less maddening if the game actually came with decent instructions : P

@ Sakabilli  it might have been wrong in the screenshots, i tried so many different variations to get it to work : P

thanks for the help everyone, my npc's work now : )

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.