Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Job Changing/EXP Script

VxOsx":1ywtiz3f said:
Why on the Demo, for the Current Exp, It says "Current Exp"
And for Next Level it says "To Next Level"

But when I put it on my game, it comes up as "Total Experience" and "Level to Next Level" :crazy: Not only does that not make
sense, but it also underlaps the number for the Current and Total Exp

Confuzzled  :crazy:

Check your "Vocab" section of the script, it should be there. You probably have changed the Vocab section or are using a version of RMVX that isn't kosher.

VxOsx

Prexus":5evemr88 said:
VxOsx":5evemr88 said:
Why on the Demo, for the Current Exp, It says "Current Exp"
And for Next Level it says "To Next Level"

But when I put it on my game, it comes up as "Total Experience" and "Level to Next Level" :crazy: Not only does that not make
sense, but it also underlaps the number for the Current and Total Exp

Confuzzled  :crazy:

Check your "Vocab" section of the script, it should be there. You probably have changed the Vocab section or are using a version of RMVX that isn't kosher.

:crazy: sorry to sound noobish... But wtf is Kosher -.- and my Vocab is exactly the same as the demo

Kosher just means acceptable.

Awesome script, Prexus.
If I used VX, I'd snap this up in a heartbeat.
Ah well. Maybe eventually, if I ever start a VX project.

Great script Prex, I was wondering if in a future release you could include +/- percentage change on stats when changing classes to reflect the new class, customizable by the user for each class.  And GOT2MOVE's idea about having Job as an option in the menu would be cool as well.

How about, when you change to another job, your stats also change. Example: Knight which has high HP and strength, when you job change to magician, your stats will be converted to high spirit and MP.

how about since you said you are doing locked jobs can you also add in

char specific jobs [only one char can be it]
and the option to put in certain class id's that will never show up in the class menu?

I wanted to make sections with a fake class marked {beginning jobs go here}
then after a few beginning jobs
{advanced jobs}
this way it would be more organized for me XD

Fade

wsensor":25fp7fpk said:
char specific jobs
I would really like to see this also.  This is a great script, but for me to use it I would need to be able to restrict characters to certain classes only.  For example, it wouldn't suit me to have a scholarly type of character who can select Knight or Berserker as a job.

Again though, nice work.

May I ask? If you change jobs, would their stats stay desame. It would be odd if you change to magician with a high strength right?

Only the Class changes, and any skills associated with the class. That was my intention with this script, and it does that. Like all my scripts, simplicity is key. I have already stated that in my next version I will produce some of the features that people in the thread are asking for, but for now, that is all that it does. Which is enough.

Prexus":5487e3im said:
Only the Class changes, and any skills associated with the class. That was my intention with this script, and it does that. Like all my scripts, simplicity is key. I have already stated that in my next version I will produce some of the features that people in the thread are asking for, but for now, that is all that it does. Which is enough.

Agreed. It does the job; simple and very fantastic. I can't wait to see what comes out of this script.

Excellent Script! So, i guess i can presume that the status from one class is given to the other class, right? Like an evolution?

Can it be possible so that you can 'unlock' jobs by either forcing them unlocked with a script or by when certain jobs reach certain levels.

I just found out that skills learned outside of the script are erased from that classes skill list. Makes it pretty difficult to make a Blue Mage :3. (Only effects when switching the class).

If this is already in the script I apologize, but it would be nice to see it so you can set stat gains/bonuses for individual jobs. I mean, if you want every character to have access to every job, you wouldn't want one to be specialized in only one area. Perhaps make it so the player could manually set a job's stats at any given level. For example, at job level 99, the mage job could always have 999 int while the warrior job could always have 999 str.

Hey Prexus, sorry to bother you, but it's been a while and I was wondering how progress is coming on the next version (hopefully with unlockable and class-specific jobs :lol:).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.