Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Action Order

ikos

Would it be possible for the display to display atop the screen, horizontally?
Love the script, but it clashes with my Side View Battle system.

With the new version of the script, if you enable battler graphics with any sideview battle system (i tried with 2 of them) it will not draw the enemy graphics on the field, only on the action order bar.

I tried converting it to a horizontal, I got it mostly working, (version 1.3 of the script), but still had a few problems, such as it would show the entire thing as selected, instead of who's turn it actually was and stuff.

@ikos , van helblaze
That's a good idea, I'll add that in the next version.

@psymastr
The battler's graphics aren't working yet. I'm working on both that and the horizontal feature.

@nohmaan
Highly probable. And I assume you're using the Takentai Battle System?
I don't guarantee you that the script will be compatible with it.

Damn, I hate this battle system sooooooo much. I'm even considering making my own CBS...
Yeeeeeeeeah, maybe... :smile:

EDIT: What am I talking about??

Say, in case you'll ever read this, is it possible to get rid of the Fight/Escape part you first have to go through in battle? And maybe push a button input to escape? And last thing I was thinking about, maybe possible to push W/Q button to glide through the bar, to see when your next move is and stuff?

Props!!

Next in line in my update rampage! :biggrin:

Updated to version 1.9, You can now use monster graphics in the Action Order window. I have also improved precision when defining action order. The script now redefines only the acting battler's speed instead of the whole Party + Troop. That means no more unwanted randomization in the order!

Take care!
-Dargor

Thanks. The takentai CBS probably won't be 100% compatible with this script. It was designed for the default battle system so things like an ABS or TBS won't be compatible with that.

Hmm, 13 days after post, necropost or still fine? Just want to suggest an idea.

Say Dargor (i've been pestering you lately eh? sorry about that), as for the enemy's names, instead of displaying the actual name, how about giving it certain name like 'Monster' or 'Mon' or any, and like it increment by A, B, C... so forth. I'm bad at explaining so i'll try to break it down into a better way (if possible...)

The Window:

Actor 1
Monster A (not displaying it's real name, just given name only for the action order window)
Actor 3
Monster B (here, it increase instead of number, it goes by alphabets, just got this idea from FFX... yea freak here *gulp*)
Monster C and so forth...

Hope you understand what I mean.

EDIT: Actually, just saw New2Ya's post (didn't read properly T.T), similar to mine so it's ok then. Someone may ignore or delete this post if feel like it. Thank you

Taylor

Sponsor

This script would be almost perfect for me (after I've torn it to bits and customised it) except for one thing; when turns start. Even though turns seem to be a different order, they are still activate separatley to selecting commands.
What I want is for actions to activate as soon as the battler chooses them, and after that another battler acts. This would seem more natural than selecting all at once (and as I discovered, enemies do that too :eek: ... hey I'm getting a hang of this!*house*)

In a Japanese RMXP script this is done, and it even mentions in the title (amongst Japanese) "FF10", so my guess is if you're trying to create the kind of turn flow that is in Final Fantasy X, the above modification would be helpful to you too.

I've tried, and I just can't figure out how to do it myself. I can see where actions are set (in default scripts) but can't figure out how to get them to activate right away... or the turn is ended because "active_battler" is nil. X<
Of course if you can direct me on how to do this modification myself... *scripting newb puppy eyes* 83

BTW to anyone who wants it horizontally, maybe try setting the columns to the same as the max battlers? I haven't tried it but doing something similar has worked with other windows...

I was trying to get your script to work and i ran into a problem. I pasted it above main, and followed the instructions, but then when i went to have a test battle, my characters didnt do anything after command selection. I tried again, same thing. I kept on trying and getting the same results. So i then decided to see if getting rid of the script would solve the problem.
I think it made it worse. Cuz that window you made still sits there and hasnt dissappeared, even after deleting your script! And on top of that, my characters still arent moving. Any advice you can give?

It's not normal that the window stays there after deleting the script.
First of all, are you using any other custom scripts that can alter battles?

I have another version of this script which fixes a lot of bugs so I'll wait untill this bug is fixed to release it. I still have lots of new/updated VX scripts to release.

Sorry for the bump, but I have a question to ask, do I have permission to change it into a tankentai addon and is there a way to make the window horizontal instead of vertical? I plan to do something really interesting with it is why. :?:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.