Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Action Order

Great script! But would we be able to use pictures for monsters. Standard ones, I might add, like in FFX it's used? (Monster A, Monster B, BOSS)

You can see that here:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9871/49093vy3.jpg
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6841 ... eenyp1.jpg

And maybe you know what that means in FFX, when one character's face is closer to the left than the other one? Showing how much more say 'passive' attacks you should use instead of 'active' attacks to get more or sooner turns? You can see that really clear in screen 2, and I believe no one has implemented this in a script like this.

EDIT:
I got some points of critique after testing it out. Hope you dont mind?

1. The bar is set every turn at the moment. Meaning that after you perform the actions, the bar refreshes fully. In FFX, and I find this the better way, the bar is always refreshing in the sense that it always stays active and changes on the different actions of the player. It doesnt disappear for a moment and start the battle all over again. Which brings me to point 2.
2. In this script, the bar changes/refreshes when you select a command. Meaning, you would have to press ESC and perform a different action for your tactical way of playing (which is what this system is pretty much meant for). In FFX, and again this is an important feature, you already see how the action order will change when you put your select arrow on a command (meaning you do not select it yet!). This way, it's a lot easier to choose your strategy.
3. The monsters dont disappear! The graphic that is. It's action order is gone, so the monster is not active anymore, but it is still visible in the battle screen. Odd...

Other than that, the design is very nice and the action order works in the basic sense, props!

So, I was just messing with the Tankentai sideview battle system, and there is an option to have an enemy attack more then once per turn.  When I enable that for an enemy to attack twice per turn, it adds its name onto the list twice, but it removes both once it attack once.

I noticed in your script and in Tankentai, that you both modify the make_action_orders.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, these are all very pertinent.
The basic idea of the script was simply to display a single turn based on the VX action speed algorithm, but I was also planning on doing it more 'FF10' like.
Besides that, with all your comments and suggestions, I'm going to release an even better version of this script very soon.

Thanks a lot ant take care!
-Dargor

Dargor, I have a problem...

Like, I have hidden monsters in most of my battles. And, while they are hidden, their names appear, even though they aren't seeable or do nothing in the battle.

How can I fix this?

NunoAle":17j2ktnb said:
Dargor, I have a problem...

Like, I have hidden monsters in most of my battles. And, while they are hidden, their names appear, even though they aren't seeable or do nothing in the battle.

How can I fix this?

I'll fix that, I have never though about hidden monsters. Thanks for pointing this out.

I have updated the script to version 1.6

You can now see battlers order for the next turn, preview action speed for default commands such as Attack, Guard, Skills and Items.
I have also added options for the Skill and Item windows size correction. I don't like seeing them above the order window so now you can choose whether it fits the screen or the order window.

I have also added an option to display enemies battler graphics instead of name but it's not fully functional right now.
More to come soon!

Take care!
-Dargor

Script 'Action Order' line 303: NoMethodErrod Ocurred.
undefined method `selection for #<Window_ActorCommand:0x18cfd78>

What's this erros, Dargor? Is it because of Side-View system? :S

NunoAle":19eo2yxr said:

I believe they are incompatible.

King Red Of Pancakes":hupxvxax said:
NunoAle":hupxvxax said:

I believe they are incompatible.
the previous version was fully compatible, I don't see why this vesion should be any different.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.