Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Text gets cut off in RMXP Dialogues

2ihkrhv.jpg

^ the let's is cut off in the SS.

I am using Universal Message System which lets you add faces. This problem does not occur frequently when not using faces.

So I'm having to resort to manually pressing enter to break the line before it gets cut off. Is there a script that does this automatically or any fixes? Because if I decide to change fonts in the future, I will need to re-do all those manual Enters...

Thanks.

MCsephiroth13":1mwoxo58 said:
Maybe you should try arranging your text so that it doesn't get cut off. Like, if words go all the way to the right of the message window, press enter to put it in a new line where it won't get cut off.

archerrin":1mwoxo58 said:
So I'm having to resort to manually pressing enter to break the line before it gets cut off. Is there a script that does this automatically or any fixes? Because if I decide to change fonts in the future, I will need to re-do all those manual Enters...

Love, no I haven't put a space and by moving faces do you mean the command /fl? because that didn't fix that error. anyway it's just a small glitch.

Actually, you forgot that the code takes a big part, too, so it limits it. I was facing troubles with that as well.

@archer: Hmm that's weird. I think it might be the font then, not the script.

For the pic above, I don't know what's so hard about putting the word "less" on a new line. That's literally all you have to do if it's just one word like that. But that's just me. I'll just go ahead and live in my little cave back here. *Steps back

MCsephiroth13":3civ5a5x said:
For the pic above, I don't know what's so hard about putting the word "less" on a new line. That's literally all you have to do if it's just one word like that. But that's just me. I'll just go ahead and live in my little cave back here. *Steps back
well i already wrote in my initial post it's a manual break which means if you change fonts or font size in future ... for all the dialogues oyu put manual enters in you need to redo them. lets say you have 1000 dialogues, you need to go through all of them.
GG

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.