Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Solved] I need help mapping with a tileset

Hey all! I've been working on a little project, and came to a point where I didn't know how to use a tileset I needed used. :sad: Here is the tileset:
Tileset
tendavm6.png

Basically I need someone to make an example map for me to demonstrate how to actually use the tiles in there. A few things I want to see:

-Which tiles are used to make the boundaries of the tent
-Which how to use them to make the tent.
-Any other uses for those tiles
-How to use the tent wall variation tiles

If anyone knows who made that tileset, please tell me.
I'm sorry for the silly request, I just don't know where to get started. Thanks in advance.

~Kiriashi

I tried your tileset in the maker, and I was completely confused. There weren't the necessary tiles to complete the tent, and the tiles were mixed up all over the place. I do not recommend using this one. Try looking up the Ultmate Fuzed Outdoor tileset, and taking some tiles from that a adding them to the RTP originals (but copying them to your graphics folder first)
If you need help with this one specifically, and can't use another, if you could tellme where you got it, that would be great.

For now,
Lonelyelf

I think that Kiriashi forgot to mention that this is supposed to be the interior of a tent...

Btw, don't stress yourself on this Kiriashi...I'll figure something out if you are unable to do this :)

Sorry for double-posting, but I've got an example here:
ex1.png

This is something I just threw together real quick. If you want to see the individual layers, I can do that.
I did change the tileset a bit, as you can see. The lower part of the tent is black, rather that a saturated tan. Sorry about that.

Hope this helps,
-Lonelyelf

Jason

Awesome Bro

Wow I want that tent, PLEASE give me that tent, full wooden floors, a worktop for making meals, a REAL bed... A WINDOW !

And oh my god the tileset has a kitchen... I WANT THAT MOTHERFUCKING TENT IN MY MOTHERFUCKING GARDEN !

Well, I couldn't really mix the tiles right, since it doesn't quite have the correct tiles. But look at Quintessence's tent, which is used throughout the beginning of the game.
Stone tablet? Are you talking about the tileset? Because I don't recall placing a tablet.

Well some tents are almost permanent homes..

And ││█║▌│║▌║ ▌│║▌║ ▌││, what are you doing on the forums? You had to look away from the IRC channel to post here. Shame on you.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.