Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

ShadowCloneJutsu

Just wondering if its possible to make something like shadow
clone jutsu besides for making a bunch of the same character and putting them on a team???

It wouldn't be too hard to create duplicates of an actor in the Database menu, then have a common event add those duplicates to a party, adjusting their level with some variables and all that.

However, unless you're using some exotic battle system, there's only room for four actors in a party, and you'll need to take that into consideration.

Thats what I was doing before but I wanted to have some different party members in there besides four of the same. I think I'm tryign to get something like in naruto path of the ninja.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMjK3Pb96mw

As you can see here not only does he make more of himself but he also gets too attack more. I tried doing this with a character pack and it didn't come out too bad accept for the fact that they were all facing a different direction.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4519 ... rtptd1.png

look at this if u look at the middle row where they are all facing to the left in battle position. If u cut that out would u be able to make shadow clone jutsu with it
?????

The image you linked to is just a character set for a Naruto sprite. If you used that for a battler image, you could indeed change a character's appearance to look like several copies of themselves. However, this would have no effect on the fight itself at all.

What battle system are you using, anyway? For what maker?

Sure, there's ways of doing that. Here's how I'd do it, myself:

First, create a custom State. Call it Shadow Clone-- Naruto. (You will need a unique version for each character who has it, and there's no getting around it. Sorry.) If you like, give that State something like an Evasion bonus, to simulate people not hitting the real one, but that's optional.

Create a State Animation that has lots of images of Naruto all running around. (If you don't know how to create a custom animation, let me know. I did a screenshot tutorial of that a little while ago, and I could probably link to it.) This will be the animation for that State.

Now, the skill. Make a "Shadow Clone" Skill, Self Only, that puts the user in the Shadow Clone state. But also have it call a common event-- Shadow Clone Skills, we'll call it.

That common event, in turn, will teach Naruto the Shadow Clone Attack! skill.

The Shadow Clone Attack! skill, in turn, will call another common event when it's used.

That common event will Force Action (Immediate) to make Naruto attack, say, a random target, or maybe the last target if you want to just pound one guy into the ground. But there's lots of Shadow Clones, so include about five Force Action commands.

Now all you need is a way to make the Shadow Clone skills go away, and the details of this will depend on how you want it to work. You'll want something like a Parallel Process event removing the Shadow Clone Attack! skills from Naruto all the time, assuming that they go away after a fight.

In addition, if the Shadow Clone state can go away during a fight, and presumably it can, if Naruto gets KOed, you'll need a Battle Event in every Troop checking every turn if Naruto is in the Shadow Clone state-- and if he's not, deleting the Shadow Clone Attack! skill (s).

So, yeah, it's complex.

And if you want the clones to have full turns, where they can do any action of their choice, well, that's time to learn how to script, my friend.

Well I'm heavily confused right now lol I'm really new at this I used to use rpg maker 03 but then I decided to upgrade. Whats a custom state and how do I make one?

edit
Oh I get it now I need help making the3 animation though do I use the charpack????

You'll use the charpack, yes.

Here's what you do. (Well, this is how I do it. There are other ways, of course, but this one has been good to me.)

First, get a paint program that can handle transparencies, such as Photoshop, the Gimp, Paint.net, or Graphics Gale. (Do it! NOW! If you are serious at all about using this program, you need this basic tool!)

Go into your program.

Open your charpack.

Now also open in your paint program a set of animation frames that would make good extra SFX with your Shadow Clones-- perhaps one of the Action or Weapon ones. Ideally, pick one with a couple of empty frames, or else frames that you'll never use.

Go and to the charpack and select an image. Copy just that image to the clipboard.

Now paste it onto the animation frameset. Adjust the position so that it'll fit inside the space of one of those frames.

Save that animation set.

Now, when you go to the animations, you'll be able to use that image of the character.

Advanced: Or you could create your own animation frameset by hand. Here's the rules:

Animation frames, unlike charsets and battlers, are a fixed size-- 192 x 192 pixels. An animation frameset is always five frames across, or 960 pixels. But it can be as tall as you like. You can make an animation frameset that's 960 x 4800 if you really want to-- just make sure that the height is a multiple of 192. A calculator may be helpful.

Was that clear? I can screenshot a demo if it isn't.

Well, it has the basics-- cut-and-paste and the ability to save as .png, so I suppose it would work.

However, I'd seriously consider upgrading to a better program. Paint.net, among other programs, is free.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.