Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Quick Feedback Thread

Tuna

Awesome Bro

I was stumbling around the main page (which I scarcely visit) looking for a link when I noticed that all but one of the links on this page were broken.

Also, there should definitely be a link to the HBGames Arcade on the top navigation bar!

Thanks, I missed those. I'll fix in a sec when I have time.

On an arcade link - yeah, we definately need one. It needs to be done so that it doesn't shun completed games either though. Perhaps we need a list of completed games in the arcade, to sort of mix them together.

The plan is to eventually have an rmnet style games manager for completed but downloadable games.

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

Where would I make a thread of a "fill in the Blank" Forum Game.
But it's technically a "help with developing my G.A. story" thread.

I give the forum the current Story (writer's Block), & the Forum Helps
fill in the blank.

One day I wish for the HBGames staff to create a game together, they can receive donations of resources from the community, let the public have at least some say in the storyline and other parts of the design, then release it into the wild for free and everyone can use it, take it apart, make spin-offs (Fans), etc.

We wish, too. We've made a number of attempts over the years. Wanted to join the latest contest, as well. Problem is that pretty much all of us are working adults with very little time for making games anymore. which is sort of ironic that we run a site for making games but ... ah, life.

Some of us still work on games. I think, Wyatt, Bacon, Tomas. Peri was helping a group with art. Other than that I'm not sure. It's a bummer that we're all so busy.

Does anybody have a copy of theman's game, "lurking under life - chapter 1"? The megaupload download is obviously down, and I need to find a copy. does anybody have it stored somewhere?

I'm sure someone has already noticed this. The front page doesn't seem to update once if one of the recent topics is deleted. So that spam topic of "She might be pregnant" is still on the front page even though clicking on it tells you it's been deleted.

Thanks, I'll have to have a look when I have time. It's because we have a soft deletion mod, that doesn't look like it plays nicely with the portal mod. Will try and keep it clear in the meantime.

Injury

Awesome Bro

Instead of having Latest Resources, could you implement a popular threads or something? It looks like the same resources from years ago.

Just a thought

I'll go through and see what modules we have premade later, see what we can use, and see what ones we can make. There needs to be more stuff in the sidebars as it's blank for most of the page height.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.