Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Quest V1.0

Zoom

•The opening map has a rotten minimap which doesn't match it perfectly.
•Don't know why I was supposed to choose a house; what if I wanted to live like a ranger? (I'm not going to mention LotR characters by name if I can help it.)
•You can change your choice of house if you click at the fire a second time.
•Full party at start-- don't the other three people get houses too?
•House 3 has no 2F, and interestingly, I can't leave it either. Also I get a map error when ascending the stairs to House 1.
•Leave town and go West (argh, another LotR reference), end up at the front door to the house instead of the East edge of the house's map.
•I've tried to steal from Beardo about six or seven times-- why doesn't he see me coming, and why doesn't he call for the guards? Then I try to talk to him and instead of "You asshole! Stay out of my pockets!" I get "Well, hello there!" Sounds positively gay. Also I can't fight him for heterophobic slurs upon my person.
•Stealing from the other one simply ends up with me back at my house with lots of purple FX. But, I wasn't poisoned or lost HP or anything.
•Who is the other shopper in the shop? Or is she only a cardboard prop to make us think they're doing much better business in this bureau?
•I've seen these books before... you know, the ones I can walk underneath in my house's 2F.

If it weren't for the strong sense of deja vu I experienced in playing this game, I would probably give it a rating. But it's far too early to call it limburger and run from the smell, so I'll be nice and just say I'm looking forward to it.

Ill fix those right away tommorrow. Also if u read it says you cant fight the people yet so dont yell about that. Ill make it so he calls the guard and u have to leave the map and coem back for him not to remember. Once i get good at eventing i will make it so you have to stay away from him for 2 minutes :) but i dont know how to do this so sorry. The minimap is also on all the maps it needs to be there duh. I know u start with 4 people im fixing it dont worry :)

Zoom

ichabod said:
The minimap is also on all the maps it needs to be there duh
Yes I know that. But I also know that the passabilities on the first map are askew; the image does not properly match the map itself (i.e. you can walk through impassabilities on the minimap). On subsequent maps it matches fine.
don't worry
You needn't worry about my worrying. :)

Well the point of the game is to survive and fight to become stronger it is kind of like a Runescape game only way better and without the sucky graphics
and why'd you need to do quests to survive, and why do you need to become stronger? why don't you just find a job, probably open a shop, find a wife, have some children, and live happily ever after?

I doubt this game will be better than Runescape, a mainstream game with nearly five million active players, and 800,000 paying subscribers

Teah runescape has horrible graphics lol but yeah I am fixing up all the bugs and reposting the demo, check back in 15 minutes if it says demov1.3(updated) I updated it. I am adding more maps fixing all the bugs and making it so you can fight the people. Also legacy you are trying to live life thats the game, kind of like sims you have to live life you know? You do get a job in it if you can find one ha ha ha ha.

I fixed the bugs and added the ability to battle the civillians. I added another feature at the beginning of the game, which is choosing a character. I added on screen monsters to fight (looking for on screen battle script). I spelt Consequences wrong so you know that. Also when you steal you have to stay away from the person for 30 seconds. I just had to update it again the beginning kept rpeating itself and the goblins were to powerful to beat. Have fun

Also legacy you are trying to live life thats the game, kind of like sims you have to live life you know? You do get a job in it if you can find one ha ha ha ha.
no, I'm just asking about that person (the hero), why do he needs to do all these quests? why don't he just live a normal live?

Well if you play the new demo, you will notice I changed the game play now. You do the quests for the people instead of turning into them and playing as them doing the quests. Which i though was a good idea anyone else agree?

well i gotta suggestion, when u host a demo u should host it somewhere else becuz im downloading it at like 1.6/1.7 kb/sec on cable internet connection and its not really my connection, its the host

oh well it finally finished and i started playing it, and well the bed isnt healing me at all, also the hotel entrance still is giving me 3 potions even tho i already completed that persons quest and when i enter a random battle with a ghost in the forest it exits the battle right away before showing the commands

Hmm it must be the cbs why it is doing that hmmm ill try and fix that. posted the demo one on filefront. The thing about the ghost doeshappen to me hmmm. The bed will heal now and the potions thing is fixed. I am updating bot demos please be patient thankyou!!! They are both edited now. I had to take out the cbs because i had no idea how to edit it. I am reposting the demos with a new menu thanks to legacy adn w/out the cbs :(. I uploaded the new update and everythign is workign fine to me!

Everyone who downloaded the new demo I JSUT POSTED

OK IT STARTS IN A DIFFERENT POSITION. ITS NOT SUPPOSE TO START THERE. I UPDATED IT AND FILFRONT IS SLOW SO ONLY THE SAVEFILE ONE WORKS.

Really, before you post a demo, make damn sure (gee, it sounds just like the song I'm currently listening to) that the demo is both playable and bug-free! The last demo I download doesn't want to go to the battle, it gives an error in battle_music...

Well if you read after i put the demo up i posted it up saying taht error was there and im fining it. Please read before yous say anything. The bug was fixed approximentley 6 minutes after i posted the demo. The new one has been posted since then w/out that bug. Thanks. Also please read any newe messages i post when u see the demo version has gone up.

Well if you read after i put the demo up i posted it up saying taht error was there and im fining it. Please read before yous say anything. The bug was fixed approximentley 6 minutes after i posted the demo. The new one has been posted since then w/out that bug. Thanks. Also please read any newe messages i post when u see the demo version has gone up.
I know, but that before u posted the fixed version, got it!? Oh, and are u sure the new one is completely alright? Coz' I don't wanna to d/l another buggy program...

yes it is all fixed and all bugs are too. Ofcourse it took me playing the game over and over to find all the bugs lol there all fixed now :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.