Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Quest V1.0

http://img274.imageshack.us/img274/9005/mynewbannerdy0.jpg[/IMG]
*ENTER THE SITE*
*ENTER THE FORUMS*

STORY

Quest takes place in the world of Falladour. Play as yourself and travel this wrold to get money and become strong. The dark king plans to take over the world. Can you become stronger them him and beat him before he kills the king of Falladour? On your way to this battle do quests that you never imagined were possinle. fight goblins and other creatures, travel this world so call Falladour and beat all in you way!
this is all i could get so far:
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/9666/yup4uv.png[/IMG]
You can find the short demo here: http://savefile.com/files/20756
IF U NEED THE DEMO IN .ZIP PLEASE ASK

If you would like to help in this game please pm me or email me at pigeonsjdb@aol.com .I am accepting scripters, music makers, mappers, and anything to make this game huge i especially need scripters. If you have any other ideas for the game please dont hesitate to tell me.
Newer updates:

-More Quests
-More Maps
-Story is starting to unfold a bit
Older Updates

- ABS
-Cutting tree system (been removed, no need for it)
- Game Over Script (when you die you go to your home)
- Caves
- More maps(mountians and dessert)
- Fixed bug whihc didnt let you go passed the first town
- New Quest
- Clothes shop
-Inn
Whos talking? (shows name of person talking above messages)
More maps
There are no new quests yet
- NEW BEGINNING
I am going to add cheats so you can get money, items... w/out having to steal. I am adding a build your own house script so you can build your own house(will take time). I am also updating the fire system so it can funtion better and all fire will reset itself once you leave the map :)
Songs:
http://hannya.nce.buttobi.net/
http://www.vgmusic.com/
http://www.ateliernonta.com

Scripts:
Passability Mini Map: made by squall
Pause: by NO http://chobi.net/~no/
1-Scene Custom Menu System: By LegACy
ABS V1.3 BY NEAR
Cheats input by ???
GAMEOVER BY NEAR
Auto Save by: Darklord, Blue Elf and Meâ„¢
If you would like to help in this game please pm me or email me at pigeonsjdb@aol.com .I am accepting scripters, music makers, mappers, and anything to make this game huge i especially need scripters. If you have any other ideas for the game please dont hesitate to tell me.

no i decided to quit the other ones and start thi one. I planned this one over two months ago and ahve all the maps... so itll take some time and itll be one of the hugest projects ive done. i already have about 15 switches in just the 6 sconds and 12 varibles its huge so far and cutting down trees is not that easy to set up eitehr.

Well, your maps have definently improved from what they were. I still don't like the using of Arshes as the main character. But, the look of a character isn't as important as the character itself.

Hmm, I'm curious, where'd you get that mini map? I'm assuming it's one of squalls, mini maps right? but if thats true, Have I just over looked his new script or did you get it from his game somehow? cause thats the only place I've seen it. anyways I'll try the game out later when I have more freetime from my own projects.

Okay, first off, never, EVER, EVER, EVER use the letter 'u' in place of the word 'you'.

Now my mini review::

The concept behind this game is actually quite sound, and looks very fun, but it is let down in 2 areas, Mapping, and the general flow of the game.

The first map is fairly decent, but then it goes downhill very fast. The maps are far too open, you should shring the size of all the interior maps right down, there doesn't need to be that much space.

The first town, (around where I quit as I got pissed off at the lag(my fualt, not yours), is waay to big, the town square is ridculosly large and uneccesarly empty.

Which brings me to my second point with the maps, your house, to be honest, really suck. Why? Because all you've done is selected all the tiles in the editor and put them down, never do that. Just use the 'middle' tile and extend it for the length of the building.

Go check out the tutorials section to find out how to map well.

The second issue I had with this game is the gmaeplay didn't flow. I know the idea is a open world with plenty to do and freedom, but it didn't seem to have any direction, I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing or why I should be doing anything.

Overall, this is a sctrong concept for a good game, but it needs some serious help in the mapping department.

Also, the 'House selection thing' while cool, looks horible, as you didn't centre the images and the images weren't cropped properly.

Keep it up, this game looks very promising at it's core.

Peace

Durastik said:
Okay, first off, never, EVER, EVER, EVER use the letter 'u' in place of the word 'you'.

I haven't played it yet but,

Come on, Ichabod.

I knew your grammar was bad, but 'u' instead of 'you' in a game (I assume that's what Durastik was talking about) is unacceptable.

ooops I didn't mean to do that really. I'll fix that right away. About the mapping I'll fix those up. Here is what I do, so people don't get mad I make a map and everyday I fix it up a bit more maybe even restart it. So please be patient I am practicing many maps right now and learning to map, event, and all this stuff thanks to paradox. I have learned well but i need more practice that is is more practice. Where is the u inplace of you at?

PLEASE

Can you use readable grammar. EVERY sentance you type has a grammar mistake.

ooops i didnt mean to dao taht realy.
I, not i
didn't, not didnt
do, not dao
that, not taht
really, not realy

Ill fix that right away

I'll, not Ill

About the mapping ill fix those up.
I'll, not Ill

Here is what i do so people dont get mad i make a map and everyday i fix it up a bit more maybe even restart it.
I, not i
don't, not dont
There should be a period after mad.
I, not i (again)
I, not i (third time)

So please be patient I am practicing many maps right now and learning to map, event, and all this stuff thanks to paradox.

No mistakes here.

I have learned well but i need more practice that is is more practice.
I, not i
There is two "is'"
It doesn't make sense, "I need more practice that is more practice"

Where is the u inplace of you at?
"u" should be in quotation marks, so we know you're talking about the letter.
"in and place" are two words

Seriously, try taking more time to post/type. One or two mistakes wouldn't be bad, but I (and many others) can't just read a butchered paragraph.

I Am very sorry i am typing slower now so i dont mess up. I will fix those posts so they make since. Also you would have had to wuit at the first town anyway that is where the demo ends lol.

It's good to see you're keeping up on improving the maps. The concept behind this game is something i'd love to see complete, it reminds me of the Massive City project, a morrowind meets harvest moon kind of thing.

Peace

yea, but it needs a basic storyline, like why the hero is doing those quest, etc. May be make it more GTA-like where there's a story behind each quest, something like a series of quest...

Well have you played the game yet? You as the main character don't do the quests, you turn into the person who needs the quest done and do it for him/herslef, get it? I think I want to change it so the main character does the quests for him or her, but would that be good? I need your guys opinion.

What is the point of the player if you're not the player when you do all of the quests and such? And you do need a goal. Why is the player here? Why are they doing all of the things they do? What is their motivation to be doing any of this?

Well the point of the game is to survive and fight to become stronger it is kind of like a Runescape game only way better and without the sucky graphics. I plan to make it an online game soon after the offline game. If I switch to the player doing the quest I plan it to come out later :), play it fenrir and see how it is so you can see how you do the quests. I UPDATED THE DEMO, THERE IS TWO MORE MAPS AND NOW YOU DO THE QUESTS NOT TURN ITNO THE PEOPLE AND DO THE QUESTS

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.