Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Post what's on your mind about the Rec Room

Princess Amy":1fzxddy6 said:
What are your thoughts on an "Extending RPG Maker" section, within the RPG Maker section? There are a bunch of projects in the Programming boards, more than enough to fill a board, that would fit this genre, but that don't really get much exposure as they're hidden away. Things like custom game.exes, utilities for managing the database, etc.
In all honesty, I feel like there are too many forums for that, considering the amount of activity they get. My suggestion for re-structuring it would be this:

RPG Maker Support - the main forum would include everything from the support and tutorials subforum (which is how it used to be at one point, I think)
-- Scripts (including requests and support)
-- Extensions

Or, if you want to pull the topics for the front page, you could do this:

RPG Maker Support - including support, script support, and script requests (maybe tutorials instead of it being its own subforum?)
-- Tutorials
-- Scripts
-- Extensions

So, in response to your question, I feel that it should be more included in the RPG Maker boards, but I feel like adding another subforum without re-structuring it will get these things just as overlooked at they are now. :P Those are my suggestions. :3

I plan to move anything from the artwork forums that is explicitly mentioned to be a resource for public use (and not a development thread) (and thus from the old resources forum) into the resource boards.

Does anybody have a problem with this? I fully understand it is dodgy ground.

Hmm. What if any post made in pwoym that would be better suited elsewhere (art, games, etc.) was split and replaced with a message, until people got the point?

You could do that, although it might get a little tedious. I'm not sure how other people would feel about their posts being moved around. *shrug*

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.