Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Pokemon Krobelus [Crystal Remake+][Demo]

Dead content awaiting restoration.
This is totally amazing dude! I don't even get how you changed everything so...so good...
(I mean, you did it with RMXP...it is just unbelievable)

Sorry everyone for lack of updates! I recently purchased VX and that was taking quite a bit of time, especially since I'm trying to learn RGSS myself, =P

Anyway, I'll try to be updating from now on. So be patient, and I should have another demo out by next weekend.

@Actingman00 - You are right, the Sevii Islands and Orange Islands are completely different, and I have an official world map that shows where exactly everything is. The Orange Islands are placed under the Sevii Islands, so technically they are not part of the Sevii Islands.

@Ninjitsu - If it looks too big for more people, then I'll see about changing it.

@Neverplayd - Ahh yes, more passibility errors. I'll fix those as well. Thanks.

@Harikune - That is exactly why I get bored with this project, too little supporters haha. But no worries, I'll still be working on it till it's completion.

@gannon16 - o.o, Is that a compliment? xD

@killeryunran - Anyone can really. Theres a Pokemon Starter Kit made by Poccil in the Submitted RGSS Scripts section, credit goes to Poccil for the kit, Flameguru for... ...something? And Wichu for some addons.

@rikuken - Each move you use, shows the Tackle animation. I haven't gotten around to using the Move Animatier yet, because those are one of the little eye candy things I'm gonna put for later when I have a lotta time.

Expect a demo next weekend with the bugs/glitches fixed, and the game going up to the Lighthouse, with many new bugs! xD

-Krobe

Ahh, I was starting to have a feeling that this was an abandoned project. Btw, you could just remove the rival for now if the errors keep persisting. I'm sure noone will mind too much about that.

VxOsx

The Demo link is loading really slowly, I dont think its going to load at all.. It just comes up as "about:Blank" in the address bar -.-

EDIT:

Its good now :)

Might I recommend using Pokémon 2000 the movie to map them? There was a part where it displays the maps...Several times from the guy's holograms, and once on the TV.

(Sorry if it's not completely right, I'm trying to remember off the top of my head.)

This game looks very good, I can't wait for the actual game. (Or at least Jhoto done)

First of all, I suggest using a different file hosting service.  RapidShare was giving me some issues and you have to wait for a while before you can download.  I'm currently using MediaFire for my game sharing.

I like the idea of having all the Pokemon in a region.  The "only certain Pokemon are in certain regions" is an excuse Nintendo came up with to explain why new Pokemon appear with each game series.  They need to stick with the ones they have and come up with different stories, though, because they shouldn't go over 500 Pokemon.

I noticed a few things wrong when I played.  Most are . . . unnecessary, but I'll let you know.
1. The map (grass, etc.) for the player comes in with the left side cut off when a battle starts.
2. The battles don't correspond to the time of day.  I think Crystal did this, but I'm not entirely sure.
3. The battles were unusually hard.
4. The animation for the Pokemon Center healing Pokemon isn't there.
5. The person who teaches you to catch Pokemon and the tour guide in Cherrygrove aren't automatic, while they were in Crystal.

I also got the rival error.  I just noticed that the rival must be Paul from the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl TV shows.

I also suggest you make your own area and Pokemon.  I know this is a remake, but you should add something new to it.  Besides truly making it your own, people will be more interested.  Good luck!

~Guardian1239

oh yes, just because you can, add an extra reigon and try to find someone to sprite you new pokemon. (unless you can do that yourself)

Rappu

This is sweet! Especially if you can really catch all pokemon in the game... I hate it when certain pokemon can be caught only at official Nintendo events, which they never, ever have anywhere near I live. And you get extra points for putting varied pokemon in the beginning areas.  :thumb: No more sentret-pidgey-caterpie-spinarak-weedle-poliwag-hoothoot -combo, but actual variation. And yay to the snubbulls!

There are a couple bugs:
1. In the character's room, you can just walk over the bed. (Not so that it looks as if the character was sleeping, but as if the bed was completely flat.) Is this a bug or intended like that?
2. The bump sounds get really annoying when they happen every time the character walks next to another for a chat. And if I walk towards a wall, the voice doesn't happen just once but goes blblblblblblblbl.
3. The battle background is a bit wonky (a piece of the player's side's grass circle is cut at the beginning of a battle).
4. There's some weird lag around battles and battles seem really slow. There's lag when you enter the towns, too.
5. In towns, the doors sort of bounce when the character walks.
6. This might just me, but the pokémons' gender symbols could be a bit more visible. Now they're so light that they're really hard to see.
7. I'm one of those who got the Rival Bug.

hungery12":27la6p01 said:
oh yes, just because you can, add an extra reigon and try to find someone to sprite you new pokemon. (unless you can do that yourself)
It adds originality to the game.  I think it's important to make something unique, no matter what it is.  It could be as simple as making a few new Pokemon and not including the region, but I think it would be best for him to make it his game, not Nintendo's . . . still.

~Guardian1239

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay, but, to be honest, after I got VX, I just got bored with this, and only started working back onto it last week. But because of that, I'm now working on it a lot on my free time. I would also like to mention, that I'm making a non-cliche Pokemon game with the same starter kit. It's gonna be anti-cliche! Meaning things you expect to happen, wont. Like... for example, the prof. is giving away 3 Pokemon, and you go there, and you realize he gave all his Pokemon away, or your PC doesn't work, so you can't get that Potion at the beginning of the game etc. etc. Tell me whatcha think of that? Anyway, onto the replies:

@Neverplayd - Yea, if the problem persists with my beta testers, then I will have to. I don't want to though.. but we'll see what happens.

@gannon16 - Thanks! And yes, it should, I'm shortening the demo to Ecruteak City, after the 4th badge, then I'll work on a demo till Mahogany Town.

@Demosthenes2k8 - Hmmm, I'll do one better. (Scroll right to see full, or right click and select "View Image")
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/Razmazter/pokemonWorldMap.jpg[/img]

As you can see, it shows every region from every movie etc. It might be hard to find them, but they're there. This is the Official World Map that came with a movie as a poster sometime ago, not sure when, but my friend scanned and sent it to me, so yea.

@Guardian1239 - Yup, I agree, when they make a new region, they should only make very very few new Pokemon, and put every Pokemon related to that region in some way, and for legendaries, just trade with D/P or something. I might make new Pokemon... I don't know though, because I'm not really a spriter, or an artist.

Code:
1. The map (grass, etc.) for the player comes in with the left side cut off when a battle starts.
2. The battles don't correspond to the time of day.  I think Crystal did this, but I'm not entirely sure.
3. The battles were unusually hard.
4. The animation for the Pokemon Center healing Pokemon isn't there.
5. The person who teaches you to catch Pokemon and the tour guide in Cherrygrove aren't automatic, while they were in Crystal.

1. It came out like that, but I'll see about fixing it, right now it's not all that important.
2. Crystal didn't do that, I think only Ruby/Sapphire, but for weather.
3. I'll see about making the battles easier, but I put the Pokemon as the level that they are in Crystal, so I don't know how it could be all that hard.
4. This demo was made before that feature was out, but now I think that it's out, it should be in the next battle.
5. It's hard to simulate a battle, I'm not sure if it's possible, but for now, it's most likely impossible. If you don't know how to catch Pokemon, I suggest go playing a real Pokemon game first. The "Guide Gent" wasn't automatic, he was a choice, if you wanted to talk to him and get the thingy or not.

@hungery12 - This is a remake +, so I think I'll stick with that, but that's what my new game is for. =)

@Rappu - Yup, there will be variations. I just need to look back over them, and see. But for now, you'll find regular Pokemon, then you'll rarely see a Hoenn Pokemon on every route, and you'll very rarely see a Sinnoh Pokemon on some routes.

Code:
1. In the character's room, you can just walk over the bed. (Not so that it looks as if the character was sleeping, but as if the bed was completely flat.) Is this a bug or intended like that?
2. The bump sounds get really annoying when they happen every time the character walks next to another for a chat. And if I walk towards a wall, the voice doesn't happen just once but goes blblblblblblblbl.
3. The battle background is a bit wonky (a piece of the player's side's grass circle is cut at the beginning of a battle).
4. There's some weird lag around battles and battles seem really slow. There's lag when you enter the towns, too.
5. In towns, the doors sort of bounce when the character walks.
6. This might just me, but the pokémons' gender symbols could be a bit more visible. Now they're so light that they're really hard to see.
7. I'm one of those who got the Rival Bug.

1. Fixed.
2. Someone posted about that in another forum, I'll check back there, and see if I can find the fix, if not, then you'll have to wait.
3. Already mentioned~
4. Yea, that's because of everything that's going on. I think you'll need at least a computer with 512MB of Ram for pretty decent play.
5. Could you go into detail?
6. Hmmm, I'll look into changing it. I'm not sure where, but I'll see.
7. Yea, I'll see about that too.

So yea, I don't post much, because not a lot of support, but I guess I need to work more on this. Anyway, this project isn't dead, I will finish it, and I will update the first post when I release the next demo! Also, I put some D/P graphics, so expect to see those in the next demo too. =)

-Krobe

Krobelus":filgo4t9 said:
I might make new Pokemon... I don't know though, because I'm not really a spriter, or an artist.
Mmm, well when your project gains more momentum, I'm sure there will be people that would be happy to sprite new pokemon for you. And there are also really big pokemon fans on the internet (usually pokemon sites) that sprite new pokemon for fun. You could look one up and send them an email to have them make you a pokemon (I'm sure all they would want is credit). That or you could hold your own pokemon spriting contest... but yeah, you just have to look.

And yeah, support comes mostly with the amount of content you have/ amount of activity(How many times you update). When you put out another demo, you'd likely get more support. Or you can spice up your first post by adding banners/fancy art to the first post. Actually, Reives had a good tutorial on this:
Corporate Thinking - Hyping up Your Thread

Aida

I really love the Pokemon series, so I think it's great that you are spending time making this for all of us to play!  The maps look great, and it seems as though you've done an excellent job of encorporating everything using rmxp.  Keep up the good work!

I recommend you visit Pokecommunity.  You can post your demo on there, also, and you'll find a lot of support in spriting and custom stuff. 

Also, I'm not sure about the difficulty.  It seemed harder than I remember.  I was having trouble killing the basic level 2 Pokemon with a level 6 Chikorita.  Of course, I may be wrong.  It's been a while since I've played Pokemon Crystal. 

Finally, don't worry about getting bored of it every now and then.  Set goals, then take a break.  If you spend every moment you can spare on it, it will become more work-like than fun.

~Guardian1239

Rappu

4. Yea, that's because of everything that's going on. I think you'll need at least a computer with 512MB of Ram for pretty decent play.
5. Could you go into detail?
4. My computer is pretty new and powerful, and the lag wasn't bad - it just came as a bit of surprise, as the handhelds have practically no lag due to being handheld games. After I while I got used to it.
5. It's really really hard to describe. It happens at least in Cherrygrove, when the character walks any doors on the screen look like they're going about one pixel this or that way, not 'in sync' with the character walking. There's a small black border around at least the Pokécentre door, and it made the door look bouncy. This is just a minor thing though.

An idea on the route variation pokemon... If a Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh pokemon are logical on a particular route at a particular time (say, swarming bugs, ghosts from Ghastly to Shuppet, packs of Electrikes/Poochies/Growlithes/Vulpixes/what have you), it'd make sense if there were lots of them in some area of a wrong region.

And finally, remember to keep this relaxing and fun to make. We're patiently waiting (especially us europeans, the red-headed stepchild of most gaming companies in the world).  :thumb:

@ Chaotic Roy: I think someone mentioned that bug before. But, Krobelus hasn't updated the demo yet, so it will still be there... (Maybe he should put a bug list in his first post stating which bugs have been said before and which haven't.)

Um, you guys do know that he's using Peter O's PokeStarter which can be found here.  I'm not saying Krobelus shouldn't recieve credit from what he's done, I'm just saying that those of you interested may want to check out Peter's work for yourselves. 

493 PKMN, Double Battles, Weather effects and all that jazz come standard.  Check it out if you like Pokemon and are interested yourself.  It's easy to use.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.