Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Pokemon Krobelus [Crystal Remake+][Demo]

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Krobelus, the "Orange Islands" existed only in the anime, and when they were later adapted into the games, they became the Sevii islands in FireRed and LeafGreen. Adding the Orange Islands as a region would be going against the canon of their existence as the Sevii Islands.

Also, you can't change wild pokemon in regions that have already been established. If I'm walking around outside Saffron City I can come across a Growlithe because they're native to the region, but if I see a Hoppip flying around, it's going to either belong to a trainer or it is seriously lost.

Krobelus":32t4y6nv said:
@keisukeyui - To reduce lag on slower computers, I noticed if you put it at the smallest resolution, it'll be faster. Also, if you keep your computer on for hours on end (like me xD), then you might wanna restart your computer, or let it rest before playing. Also that error, I just started a new game, and I didn't get it. Did you download the latest demo? If you already have the latest demo, then save before, and try a few times more, it might be some random glitch o.O.

-Krobe

I have it at the smallest resolution possible (the gba screen size) and I'm still getting quite a bit of lag.  I'm still getting that weird error too.

@keisukeyui - Well, then the lag I can't help much, unless I put an anti-lag script, but I'm not sure how easy that'll be.

@Despain - If you expect the same type of game as the gba/gb games, then go play them, because my game is'nt just a remake, it's a remake+. The reason why I want to include the Orange Islands, is because I want the Orange League to be included. If the Sevii Islands are the gba reincarnation of the Orange Islands, then I'm gonna do it similar to the anime, more over because, like I said, I want the Orange League.

The only reason that the regions are established like that, is because it's a newer region including older Pokemon. Obviously you wouldn't see Sinnoh Pokemon in Hoenn, because of the times that they came out. So my remake+ is gonna be if every game was made at the same time, and every regional Pokemon will be available.

Now, with that being said, my plan is to include the normal enounter Pokemon on the regular Routes. But you'll be able to encounter a Hoenn Pokemon very rarely in most Routes, and even rarely a Sinnoh Pokemon in some Routes. They will be rather hard to find, so in turn, you have to search hard to get them anyway.

Update:

I've been spending some time working on the graphical part of the battle system, heres a screenie:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/Razmazter/capture000.jpg[/img]
What do you think so far? o.o

-Krobe

The demo is great so far, but I'm getting the exact same error as keisukeyui when I get to the rival battle.  I'm not noticing any lag issues, but I'm running it on a pretty powerful machine.

I noticed some lag, when you change songs in the radio, when you first start and go to your house, and when you go down the stairs before you get a poke-gear. It looks like it would be where some sound is played, and if there's lag before battles as well that might be why. But, I didn't get there because when I went in Danny's house and left, I was teleported onto the door. :x

@jtbengal - Really? I'll have to look at it again, because for some reason, I don't get that error, nor at my friend's house.

@tensuke - Actually I fixed some of the lag, more or less, so it should be a bit faster at least. And thanks for telling me about the teleport onto the door. It's fixed now, but little things like those I need to know, because being a one man project, its tough to find every error.

-Krobe

Anonymous

gold/silver/crystal/stadium 2 comprise what is by far the best generation released as yet. they are some of my favorite games ever.

i'm willing to let the orange islands thing slide, but i'm telling you right now: if you mess this up, i will destroy you and all that you hold dear.

@Black4Wolf - I think it's because you didn't install the font. The Pokemon Font is included with the demo, you just need to extract it, and move the font files to your font folder.

@Teloch - I agree, they are my favorite as well. But this will be a proper Remake, that will have a bunch of additions to it. If, in your opinion, you dislike it, then sure, by all means, destroy what I hold dear, because I assure you, I don't hold anything dear to me anymore.

-Krobe

@bradleydfc - Really? Did you play through the whole thing? Because some other people got errors when fighting the Rival for the first time =/

-Krobe

Hi Krobelus
Your demo is amazing despite the numerous errors in it. I am not able to finish your demo because of the 'rival' error, so I decided to play the saved file which is already included in your demo. It's fun until I'm stuck in the 'annoying maze' where I cannot get through it. The pictures below show the errors.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/rika3000_album/error1.png[/img]  http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh19 ... /error.png[/img]
The "I'm too fat to get through" errors
Also when I get out of the Ilex Forest and go to Azalea Town, the rival comes and challenges with me and this ends when I get the same 'rival' error.

@rika3000 - Oh, those annoying house errors are because of passibility. I'll fix that. And theres an error with both rivals now?! Darn, there never is for me =/, I'll redo them both then.

-Krobe

Despain":7ipyjj0y said:
Krobelus, the "Orange Islands" existed only in the anime, and when they were later adapted into the games, they became the Sevii islands in FireRed and LeafGreen. Adding the Orange Islands as a region would be going against the canon of their existence as the Sevii Islands.

Also, you can't change wild pokemon in regions that have already been established. If I'm walking around outside Saffron City I can come across a Growlithe because they're native to the region, but if I see a Hoppip flying around, it's going to either belong to a trainer or it is seriously lost.
But, if memory serves me correct, there were only four orange islands and had different names than the Sevvi islands.

They are different places, aren't they?

Well, I'm not sure if anyone already told you about this error but:
http://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/1325/13250259abaf405c7296f9b3b62e77a293b014a.jpg[/img]
                                      (The sink has a passability error)

I like the looks of this game, so keep up the good work. Many people may not support you because it's a Pokemon remake, blah-blah-blah, but if you put your heart to it, and have people backing you, you'll always come through. Keep pluggin' through, and you'll come out on top. I've got faith in ya :P

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.