Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Pokemon Krobelus [Crystal Remake+][Demo]

Dead content awaiting restoration.
@udivision - Yes, thanks, raise the competition why don't you? =P

@Neverplayd - Yea, I need a beta tester though, no one I know has a half decent computer that will do it for me, and I don't wanna ask random people, especially if they just want a sneak peak at the demo 2.

@Rappu - Hmmm, I think because it's an event, and the lag and the resolution and such. I'm not sure if it's fixable or not.

@Guardian1239 - Thanks but... I've already been to those forums for over two years, and I rather dislike it because a lot of people there are really.... ignorant. Not all of them, but the latter of where I go to are. Most likely because of the age group.

@ChaoticRoy - *Fixed* Thanks for pointing that out, not sure if someone else did or not, but I remember moving the maps around, and forgetting to change the transfers.

Anyway, I'll use this post for an update because it's at the top of the page. With new screens and such.

-Krobe

udivision":1r5rssj3 said:
Um, you guys do know that he's using Peter O's PokeStarter which can be found here.  I'm not saying Krobelus shouldn't recieve credit from what he's done, I'm just saying that those of you interested may want to check out Peter's work for yourselves. 
-.- I thought it was obvious he was using the starter kit. But, it is better to support him making this game than to all make one ourselves. Because almost no-one will finish their games or there will end up being a lot of horrible pokemon games on the forums (although you could probably find a few on the forum right now.) Quality is better than quantity, right? Also, the Pokemon Starter Kit isn't exactly bug-proof. Krob started a topic to take care of some of the bugs he found on the starter kit while using it (I would link to it, but I am too lazy.). But that is enough compliments... I'm starting to spam his topic :/
@ Krobelus: I think you'd have to give up some of your feelings of security and post a topic on Recruitments and Classifieds. Everyone is going to play the next demo eventually, so it is better to let the demo out early to a few people who are expecting the bugs to be in the game than to let a demo out in this topic for people that are only expecting a stable game.

ca338

it keeps saying i dont have the scripts in it but i got it to work now....oh by the way its very good and good luck making the rest

why not include hoenn and sinnoh while you're at it, include a new storyline right after you beat the game and a whole new adventure begins. if you did that, not only you'd be making the game longer, but a lot more balanced in terms of regional pokemon.

zeldrak":buh3456t said:
why not include hoenn and sinnoh while you're at it, include a new storyline right after you beat the game and a whole new adventure begins. if you did that, not only you'd be making the game longer, but a lot more balanced in terms of regional pokemon.

That would be most ultimate Pokemon game ever

Heh heh, here are my suggestions (I'm not sure if you can do it or not, but I'll post them anyways):
1. Being able to buy more boxes for the PC
2. All regions
3. Make new sprites
4. Find some way to do trading between gamers
5. Make it so that you save some pokemon to be caught after the game so that it takes longer to complete the pokedex.
6. Make really big cities (If you make your own region)

boon

Sponsor

Quote Umi2222
1. Being able to buy more boxes for the PC - Might be possible, it would take an expert coder though.
2. All regions - Wow! Do you know how long that would take!
3. Make new sprites - Again, would take forever
4. Find some way to do trading between gamers - Poccil's starter kit supports trading, doesn't it?
5. Make it so that you save some pokemon to be caught after the game so that it takes longer to complete the pokedex - That's already in Pokemon DP
6. Make really big cities (If you make your own region) - Again, takes forever.

That's my veiws, it would be amazing.

Xinrua, there is a Pokemon Starter Kit that was going around here a while ago. The battle system is on that.

Anyway, I would love to see this finished. Is there room as a Beta tester? I've played Crystal and 2 remakes of it. I know a lot about it :P

Also, As a note, you may want to veiw "The Spriters Resource" as they have screenshots of most crystal towns. I have screenshots of everywhere in Johto. Kanto wouldn't count as an "extra" as you visit Kanto after the Elite four in Crystal. Remember things about that while you make the game. The power station is built up - I think it's a radio station? Lavender town has a radio station. Misty isn't in her gym... etc. etc.

I can't wait to see this finished.

Star

Sponsor

JESUS CHRIST!!!  This is spectacular.  In every way.  Lots of work has been put into this, you've done a great work here.  There's not much more I can say. 

just by looking at the screenshots, are you planning to add all the regions? Im trying to do that in my game starting from johto

DO NOT NECROPOST. CHeck the date of the last post before posting.

Since the topics back since it got necroed, I downloaded the game.
I've never been a huge pokemon fanatic. I enjoyed it, and their fun to play, but i've never been fully obsessed with it. I enjoyed the games, but after the classic 150 when they made more pokemon, then it just became too much for me and I lost intrest.

However, im gonna download this. Looks very good!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.