Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pixel Art WIPs/Small Things Thread

And another one:

The turban dude is four colors without the three-pixel patch of skin color on his face. I could reduce the red dress girl to four colors, probably, but I don't feel like it.

Red chick is four colors now. Also drew a portrait (five colors) to see how fiddly it is compared to working with more. The answer is very fiddly. :x

Jason

Awesome Bro

Thats pretty impressive how you can add so much details with so little amount of colours, I've tried it before, I think the lowest I can get down to is 7, lol...

I'm not sure if this animation is correct, I hate running poses.
Also the hair I'm not sure how to move it :<

draft_run9edit.gif

Dung beetle: Looking sweet. It's hard to see the face, but I guess it's the small template's fault.
Ynlraey: the orange part is distracting and the left hand blends too much with the dress.
My sprite is getting better, I hope.
new: old:

I had a problem spriting eyeglasses though. I wonder if I'll do it like how glasses girls in Tales games were made...

BTW, another stunt with my own template.

I can't continue how to sprite its side walking animation basing what's on the front.

Hmm... I need some help on the side walking anims for this. I'm gonna use this on my NGCS game.

Maybe you should go out and just look at the way people walk? Shopping centres would be a great place to start. The side frame looks very stiff, like they are in an army or something. Try to relax the arms.

ynlraey: That looks better than chocolate *drools*.

Zidane & Garnet ready poses: (zidane has no tail and garnet has no weapon, on purpose)

zidanebattle.png

dagger-noweapon.png

Mmm, I like how you did the hair! I'm planning to redo the sprite, the shoes suck.

Zidane's pose, in general, sucks. The sprite style I'm using for the battlers in that particular game has an unshaded outline, but you colour so much better than I do besides :/.

I made a template based on both Half Kaizer and White Ties. I made this in response to White Ties' strange front walking animation, as if they're like on roller skates or somethin'

Hey, that looks good! Looks metallic, you've done the contrast well, though I'm not sure about the brightest highlight...maybe add a little yellow instead of keeping it blue like the rest of the nut.

Template I've been working on for a while now. It was initially based off White Ties battlers but I've changed it a lot since then.

@danyo34:
The lines are perfect but his pose is a tad boring.
The highlights and shadows are inconsistent though. And the pallete could work, although it looks kinda plain.

example image:

danyo34":232h2roi said:
I don't understand the
but his pose is a tad boring.
part. Can you please clarify that? I like your version of the icon, but it looks more like it's made of stone than metal.

It's an opinion. The icon has a straightdown frontview, which frankly looks a bit boring compared to a dynamic pose.

Weeell... I'm about 15 mins old in making something else than
Window layouts and titles. I haven't really done something own like
an icon or something for a tileset or character. At most I might
have re-colored one and another thing.
But anyhow, here is the result of something I've done completely from scratch.

(The helmet is made for the F-Anthro Cat-BrTabby-Deeb template.)

Helm-Stand.png
Helm-Stand2.png

I hope it didn't came out too bad. :down:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.