Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[OOC] Altus

altus_title.png

To sign up for the RP or to read all the background information you need to know, go to this link:
http://www.arpgmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=75827

This is thread where you can discuss the Altus RP out of character. If anybody has any questions about the RP then this is a good place to ask!

This is a COMPLETE REBOOT of the previous RP, started back in July 2010. Although the general premise is largely the same, you have the choice to recreate your character from scratch.

This is a chance to make the RP not come to a screeching halt like last time. Make sure you read everything in the sign-up thread carefully!!

We'll start the RP once we have three characters approved (besides my own.)

I'm digging most of the name changes, especially Hartmore University and the Occluded Mountains, but Skyr just doesn't sit with me. Lucida capital of Libennia had such a nice ring to itself y'know?

Ehh. I felt like there were already too many names that began with L and ended in -ia. Was mostly going for more variation, especially since the words "Lucidia" and "Libennia" look so similar.

regi

Sponsor

Hum. I'm stuck between keeping my old character and toying with a new idea. Sheryl was a pretty remarkable character, I think, but I wouldn't mind being able to talk.

Opinions?

If your stuck between making her mute and making her able to speak then why not put the marker somewhat in the middle?

regi":3i9d3aau said:
Hum. I'm stuck between keeping my old character and toying with a new idea. Sheryl was a pretty remarkable character, I think, but I wouldn't mind being able to talk.

Opinions?
I liked Sheryl's character a lot! The only downside is being mute, of course - makes it very difficult to communicate with our characters. I made "being able to speak Libennian" a rule mostly because there would be a lot of complications that would arise if they couldn't, especially with the plot being so convoluted already. I'll leave it to your discretion to decide.

I have no idea on how the Espisean accent should sound. Scottish? Southern American? German? Norse? (No idea what a norse accent sounds like in real life, though) Any thoughts?

Velocir_X":2zgsezzl said:
I have no idea on how the Espisean accent should sound. Scottish? Southern American? German? Norse? (No idea what a norse accent sounds like in real life, though) Any thoughts?
I had Russia in mind when coming up with Espisaea, so you can use a Russian accent if you want, but feel free to go with whatever feels right to you!

Also, LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD :shades:

Spoo

Sponsor

:|

You just had to post when i am sleepiest, didn't you, dev? If I'm not too busy with Terraria I'll post tomorrow.

regi

Sponsor

Hum. It'll be downright difficult to get Sheryl out of a Norvanian airship unseen... but I think I can manage, albeit with a slight commotion. I know the rules say to get to Lewis' apartment first, but do you mind a teensy bit of kerfuffle, dev? It'll just be a simple distraction, which could help the crew!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.