Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NetVX, so close yet so far...

I decided to try again with NetVX, and I got so close this time.

I have HOST set to localhost, and PORT set to 22(already forwarded).

I run the NetVX.rb, and it works, so I open Game.exe and it gives me:

Tried to access unreachable host.

Any help with this?

I'm actually working on storing information on the server right now. I've been working on the programming for my game since last night, and I've added item trading, on-map chatting, and a cursing filter.

Right now, I'm working on managing account info(items, gold, experience, stats, etc)from the server. Which reminds me, can I open files from the server and run them with eval(file.read)?

Also, does anyone know where I could find a globalized ABS for Netplay 1.6.3?
(Possibly with Player vs. Player?)

:p well from what i remember of my code, we don't exactly manage the maps on the server, but only the event said to be global (and the event variables/switches set as globlal as well.)
collisions, and such are still in the client.

The problem we had with netplay 2.0+, is that a lot of code was everywhere, where it shouldn't be... dirty code basically...in the client mainly... and the fact that well rmxp can't stand more than 10s without graphics.update didn't helped either for long connections, with timeouts...

Anyway, in the end we stopped, being tired of a buggy unstable thing >_<

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.