Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

National Game Development Month!

OH SNAP! I just passed my 60 hour mark a few hours ago! And I was just like "tra la la, make a new bump post, update the top post WHAT 63 HOURS?!" I always felt like I've worked at the same snail pace I've been working at since my n00b days, but damn!

I'm going to have to raise my goal, anybody wanna challenge it? 80 hours? :box:

Yeah, looks like I'm going to take a day or two off, I've earned it. :cheers:

I'm way behind on my goal and taking time off anyway because I ran into problems and am sick of working on it for now, so I'm gonna have to pass on that. :(

I find I develop in spurts. I'll do something for a few days, an hour or so here and there, and then suddenly I just lose interest. I open RMXP, load my project, sit there staring at it for a minute, then close it and randomly start browsing the web. this'll go on for a week or more, then it'll start all over again. I'm currently in my random browse mode. I can't help it...

Spoo

Sponsor

Since I lack the coherent ability to stick with a story idea, is it alright if I count the hours I work on my "Grand List of Eventing Coolstuff?" It's not just text and screenshots; there will be a tag-along demo with everything compiled in it, so while not being a "game" per se it is still legitimate game development.

[02] <@kain> Peri's national game development month is over :(
[02] <@kain> I broke my goal 3 times
[02] <@kain> 60 hours, 90 hours, 120 hours
[02] <@kain> tbh 60 hours sounded like "Holy shit I'll never make it"
[02] <@kain> Little did I realise I probably put in more than that on a monthly basis @_@

This^

Are we going to do this again next year? I can't wait! Every month should be national game development month around here :D

Release Something! Day 11: The Eagle Has Landed has started. Now that you have all put in a solid month's work on your projects, why not share them in this release-oriented event?

Release Something! Day is an event wherein we release something on a predetermined date (today, December 1st), be it a work-in-progress demo, an OST, a video, or whatever. And then everyone plays everyone else's stuff.

If you don't have one already, create a gameprofile on RMN, then submit your project's download and submit it to the event. In the past, this event often generates a lot of comments, reviews and sometimes a write-up or even a podcast.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.