Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

National Game Development Month!

Okay, this forum is now unlocked. Post your threads and get game-making! Again, the goal is 60 hours over the course of the month, but if you want, you can set a different goal for yourself.

By the way, I'm issuing a throw-down. I officially challenge all of you to beat me in game development time. Anyone want to take me up on that?

That's not really to me, specifically is it? Lols.

Just, looks like it.

It is true, though. I am lurking. I'm interested in doing this, and I should seeing how I need to finish something for once in my life. XD

I have two games that need to be completed or at least have something people can play. ^^

The thing is. I have no motivation and no idea what I can do for my main game, Ghost Shards: Requiem. D= Even though, we're going to work on it again... It looks like he does all the work, and I must find what I can do. o.o

It totally is specifically to you! I'm stalking you.

Anyway, you were working on that cute game about the pixie, right? You can do that. You should totally participate! I've been hearing you talk about this game and want to see you get it done.

Haha.

Okies, okies, I'll sign up.

But I'll dedicate it to both games, since I'll work on both anyhoo. XD

I'll make a thread either later tonight or tomorrow.

Luckily I have a bunch of time to do things. XD

regi

Sponsor

Not enough motivation? You'd think this event is enough :box:

For anyone who's interested, we could also do a trade-off in the middle of the month (i.e. a couple of days in which people can exchange art for musikk for maps, etc.-- either way, it'll contribute to their gammaking hours)!

I'm really pleased with the turnout so far.

WE CAN DO IT GUYS :box:

And yeah, we can totally do trade-offs. Making stuff for other people's games also counts towards your hours.

I wanna get started on this, but I have to read a book and write an essay first. :(

I was beginning to doubt it too! I'm really glad to see we've got such a good turnout, though. I was expecting like five people, but we've got 19 so far!

Now I just gotta get some work done on mine...

Oh, by the way, feel free to post in each other's threads.

Shit, it's the second of November already. I got to get started real soon, but I got exams now :crazy: Not really time to put into game design...
Oh well, I hope I can do a 30 hour goal starting a bit later this month.

Perihelion":5ltlll8x said:
By the way, I'm issuing a throw-down. I officially challenge all of you to beat me in game development time. Anyone want to take me up on that?

Challenge accepted. This is going to hurt me a lot more than it's going to hurt you.

By just looking at the topic titles only, 28 participants have put in, all together, 181.6 hours of game development time. That sounds pretty impressive! I averaged it up and rounded it and that means that we put in an average of 6.5 hours since November 1st in our projects. It would be neat if we can not only see if we meet our goals (no shame if you don't, real life is demanding), but see if we can raise the average too.

I have to back out of this for my own good, I have end of term exams in 13 days and besides with school pressure I end up doing really rushed work. It's a shame though, its good fun but It would have been a different story if this was in December since that's when I get Christmas break.

I'll just be cheering on all the participants from the sidelines... you can lock up my thread or something, I wont be doing much anything else from now till December anyway. :down:

You just cant avoid or postpone real life, plus its not like we're winning anything :unsure: ( like oodles of cash )...

Oh, too bad. I know how it is. I didn't get anything done yesterday because I was too busy procrastinating on my essay. :( Well, maybe you can participate next time we do this, then!

Hell yes, Next year I'll be done with school anyway :biggrin: ...

So far this looks like its comming along great, got any challengers Peri? :box:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.