Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Music Pack! [Off-Site-Resources] BGM, Loops. Royalty Free

Friends,
I'm sharing my background music resources for free use, commercial or otherwise. Songs are now hosted at soundcloud.com! Most are ready-to-use loops in OGG or MP3 format. These songs were written specifically with RPG Maker in mind. Please credit my work with my full name, Aaron Krogh.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MY MUSIC LIBRARY IN MP3 FORMAT

Open the Spoiler to view my collection.
BATTLE THEMES

309 - Desert Battle (Loop) - A short desert battle loop.
307 - Wrath (Don't Mess With Me Remix, Loop, MP3) - Tense remix of an evil character theme.
306 - Boss Battle 2 - An alternate take on "162 - Boss Battle"
300-B - Blood of Lilith (Loop) - A remix of "Desecrated Temple"
208-B - Megaboss, (Loop, Up-tempo) - Megaboss, increased tempo, in key F. No opera samples.
297 - Bloodlust (Loop) - Another battle theme with electric guitars and violins.
295 - Insidia (Battle, Loop) - A battle loop that was written with a thief character in mind.
294 - Leviathan (Battle Loop) - A mash-up of two battle themes and the coastal town theme.
290-A - My Enemy (Loop) - Battle music set to the tune of 290 "My Friend" and 158 "White Elephants."
289 - Heated Battle (Loop) - A general battle theme. E-guitar and heavy percussion.
208-A - Megaboss, (Loop) - A tense boss battle theme with a bit of futuristic-sounding synths.
208-C - Megaboss, (Loop, String section, Up-tempo) - Megaboss B-Type with extra string section in the first half. Hopefully, a worthy edition of my favorite battle theme.
208-D - Megaboss, (Loop, Piano only) - The popular Megaboss theme, stripped of all instruments save its piano and percussion.
208-E - Megaboss, Strings Only (Incomplete) - Incomplete Megaboss variation with strings only.
162-A - Pre-Boss Battle Tension (Loop, OGG) - Prelude to the "Boss Battle" theme.
162-B - Boss Battle (Loop, MP3) - Boss battle music with electric guitar synth, as well as strings and brass hits.
192 - Jazzy Battle Prelude (Loop, OGG) - A snazzy, upbeat ready-for-combat style song.

TOWN & MAP THEMES

310 - World Map Theme (Loop)
305 - Heresy - Creepy church organ music.
292 - Touch the Sky (Loop) - A "mountain" theme.
298 - Home (Loop) - A nostalgia-laden town or castle theme.
296 - The Tea Garden (Loop) - A nice, peaceful track with music box synth, strings and woodwinds.
204-A - The Lonely Amazon (Loop) - A field theme that may be fit for a jungle area or a forest.
287-C - Reflections in Tranquility (Loop) - A mellow, contemplative guitar track.
200 - Upbeat, Futuristic Area (Loop) - A sassy, futuristic-sounding area loop.
204-B - Snowy Field (Loop) - A very simple loop that sounds wintry.
223 - Groovy (Loop) - A snazzy little loop. Reminds me of tutorial music.
159 - Ambrosia Beach (Loop, MP3)- Written with a coastal town area in mind.
158-A - White Elephants (Loop, MP3) - A little bit of humor. Character or town theme.
158-B - White Elephants (Back it Up Mix) (Loop, MP3) - A remix of the above track, party style. Well, my style :\
156 - Smooth, Jazzy Theme (Loop, MP3) - Funk, pop, whatever. I'm not sure if "jazzy" is the right word.
160 - Rose Petals (Scene) - Optimistic-sounding piano tune. Scene or character theme.
149 - Serenity (Loop) - A simple, angelic song with dreamy synth pads and a flute.
195 - Wintry Town (Loop, OGG) - For use in snowy towns or dungeons.

DUNGEON THEMES

305 - Heresy - Creepy church organ music.
300-A - Desecrated Temple - Harpsichord, piano, synth. An evil castle theme.
300-B - Blood of Lilith (Loop) - A remix of "Desecrated Temple"
292 - Touch the Sky (Loop) - A "mountain" theme.
299 - Treacherous Slopes (Loop) - Mountain-climbing!
293-B - This Is NOT a Drill (Loop) - This time, it's for real.
293-A - Fire Drill (Loop) - A very tense, "let's get the heck out of here!" song.
204-A - The Lonely Amazon (Loop) - A field theme that may be fit for a jungle area or a forest.
195 - Wintry Town (Loop, OGG) - For use in snowy towns or dungeons.

SCENES

308 - The Tea Garden, Enhanced Version (Scene) - A remix of "296 - The Tea Garden." A soft, peaceful track with pan flute, strings, piano & an ambient harp.304 - Insecurity - Futuristic, dramatic.
301 - Good Memories - Harp, flute and strings.
296 - The Tea Garden (Loop) - A nice, peaceful track with music box synth, strings and woodwinds.
293-B - This Is NOT a Drill (Loop) - This time, it's for real.
293-A - Fire Drill (Loop) - A very tense, "let's get the heck out of here!" song.
291-B Lost - A lonelier version of "Never Forget"
291-A - Never Forget - A lonely or sad theme best used in a scene, not a map.
290-B - My Friend (Jazzy Swing, Loop) - A mellow character theme.
288 - Don't Mess with Me (Loop) - Theme for a character with a rotten heart!
173 - Who Left the Milk Out!? (Loop, MP3) - Comedic loop.
110-B - Rest Beneath the Tree (Scene, MP3) - An Asian ambient scene with a tense ending.

AMBIENT THEMES

308 - The Tea Garden, Enhanced Version (Scene) - A remix of "296 - The Tea Garden." A soft, peaceful track with pan flute, strings, piano & an ambient harp.
291-B Lost - A lonelier version of "Never Forget"
287-B - Reflections in Tranquility - Mellow, with an air of anticipation. A guitar and flute combo with string accompaniment.
110-A - Malevolent Spirit in the Tree (Scene, MP3) - Scene music. Transitions from tranquil, Japanese instruments to a battle-style theme.
110-B - Rest Beneath the Tree (Scene, MP3) - An epiano ambient scene.
160 - Rose Petals (Scene) - Optimistic-sounding piano tune. Scene or character theme.
149 - Serenity (Loop) - A simple, angelic song with dreamy synth pads and a flute.
170 - Eerie Scene (Loop, MP3) - A creepy music box-sounding synth theme.

CHARACTER THEMES

307 - Wrath (Don't Mess With Me Remix, Loop, MP3) - Tense remix of an evil character theme.
290-B - My Friend (Jazzy Swing, Loop) - A mellow jazzy song that contains motifs from 290-A, and 158 A & B.
288 - Don't Mess with Me (Loop) - Theme for a character with a rotten heart!
287-C - Reflections in Tranquility (Loop) - A mellow, contemplative guitar track.
158-A - White Elephants (Loop, MP3) - A little bit of humor. Character or town theme.
158-B - White Elephants (Back it Up Mix) (Loop, MP3) - A remix of the above track, party style.
156 - Smooth, Jazzy Theme (Loop, MP3) - Funk, pop, whatever. I'm not sure if "jazzy" is the right word.
173 - Who Left the Milk Out!? (Loop, MP3) - Comedic loop.
147-B - The Brother I Never Had (Loop, MP3) - Upbeat masculine character theme. E-guitar synth.

INN THEMES
ME-1 - Sweet Dreams (ME file, OGG) - Inn theme one.
ME-2 - Good Night (ME file, OGG) - Inn theme two.

I just found this on another site and realised you might have posted them here too; these are pretty good, thanks for posting them.

This is a very nice collection you've got here! I will definitely be using some of these in my RMXP project, Ethereal Sky.

Update: While my soundcloud.com account is preventing a few downloads from being available, you can easily go to my last.fm page and download any song for free. Click on an album on the following page to preview & download songs:

Aaron Krogh's last.fm Music Resources

The list of songs that are currently unavailable on soundcloud.com include "Touch the Sky," "Don't Mess with Me," "The Lonely Amazon," and Megaboss-B Type."

Update: All songs are downloadable again! The previous download cap for each track was 100 downloads. This has been increased to 1,000 per track.

Excellent! I remember there being a couple I had tried to download but was unable to at the time. I'll have to go look through these again and find which ones they were. Just wanted to let you know that I'm now using a lot of your music in my game and it fits very well. Thanks again for providing all of these!

Friends,

I have updated the song links in the initial post. Now the tracks are categorized by their intended use, including "Battle Themes," "Town & Map Themes," "Dungeon Themes," "Scenes," "Ambient Themes," "Character Themes" and "Inn Themes."

The purpose of this update is to make finding songs easier for you.

Also, do not be surprised if the links take you to a 5-second advertisement page. All of the resources listed in this thread are FREE, but I still need funds in order to keep providing you with my music.

To reach the music page, simply wait five seconds as the advertisement displays, then click the continue button in the upper-right-hand corner of the web page to go directly to the song's download page. Let me know if a link does not work, and I'll fix it ASAP.

As always, thanks for your support!

~Aaron

I like your style (enough so that I loaded a couple of songs onto my iPod). Unfortunately, this sort of music wouldn't really fit my project, but I think it's cool that you're offering it like this.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.