Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Grand World [WIP for the RPG4D Competition]

Competition Link

I'm still looking for a graphics artist btw, so please contact me if you're interested! I think pixel art will work great for the game. Cheers!

Intro

Grand World will be a multiplayer online action roguelike rpg, tower defence mashup planned to be built in construct 2 for the RPG4D Comp, where the aim of the game is to explore and progress a particular player's map to find loot, gain territoy, defend against raids, and perform various deeds. Maps will be procedurally generated. The game will feature sandbox gameplay, and will feel somewhat like a shooter.

Gameplay

The gameplay will feature character sets of the Knight, Theif, and Mage classes, but all have ranged skills for default attacks - this makes the game essentially a shooter.

Monsters may appear sometimes to destroy key areas, and the goal is to defeat those monsters to protect your areas, as well as expand territory by taking over territory owned by Monsters.

Characters

Knight
Style: Heavy defence, heavy attack, limited range and speed.

Theif
Style: High life, moderate attack, medium range and speed.

Mage
Style: Moderate defence, slow attack, casts skills - range and speed based on this. Heavy duty magic class.

Priest
Style: High defence, High health, moderate attack, moderate speed. Focus on healing and holy attack spells.

And that's all that's been planned for now. More progress to be made soon perhaps!

Jason

Awesome Bro

This seems like a very ambitious project you're working on, and mixing roguelike gameplay with tower defence will certainly be interesting.

Good luck with this, I'd love to see you carry it on to the end, just so I can see how it plays out :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.