Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Lizard -2D Entertainment- [GAMES]

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Dude this hsn't improved since you posted this up on neoseeker over half a year ago. That is kind of disappointing. It appears as if you ignored everything me, kain nobel and others said and pointed out.

At least you've cut the price down from the origional $20 ($10 offer) to $5 but the fact is I still wouldn't call it commercial worthy.

I have stated this before that many people could event this. It was good as your first game but it should be a free title. You need to build a name before selling commercial projects unless it's a damn good game and well presented.

If you are working on another game I do hope you take into consideration everything we told you over at Neoseeker!

thank you!

Ive heard a LOT about my games, some like em, some do not.
Some hate em, some love em...

I do receive feedbacks about them on my email, and also read forums and people's posts.

Im working harder on the next games ^^
With time, things will get better.

Im working on the websites tonight, they wont look as bad by tomorrow.

EDIT : Ok, Gorakion and Buffz websites have been recreated. Let me know if you guys liked em. :thumb:

ps: Soul Knights' website will have the same layout, but my hosting service requested 48 hours for IP change so..in a couple of days it should be done.

So...to reiterate a question that has been asked but not answered...how many copies of these games have you sold? I'm just curious.

Your screenshots look alright, but they're not really yelling "Buy me!" Also, based on other comments, it doesn't seem like there's very much story or anything other than buttonmashing. And yes, your mapping does need some work. All of these things tell me that I probably don't want to buy these games.

Im working harder on the next games ^^

I don't think just working to make a next game better is really a good response to critiques, because people are telling you what's wrong with these games. Instead of trying to make more games that will inevitably have different flaws, you should just work on improving one until it's actually higher caliber and worth paying for. You'd probably get a lot more sales that way.

Also, you're spending a lot of time, it seems, working on your websites, which IMO aren't very thrilling either. You should probably redirect your focus to improving the games instead; a good website will pay off in the long run, but if people are being turned off without having even been to the website, then there's probably a bigger problem at hand.

If the scripts were done by yourself, I'd say you're concentrating too much on gameplay features. it might be worth recruiting a few people to help you enhance other aspects. Namely the STORY and the MAPS.

It would help a lot if you didn't throw "RPG" at the end of every one of your titles.
Just thought I'd second that, too.

Ok..

Things is ...I never really liked or cared about a game's story, only its gameplay features, but...thats me.

My company will offer you GAMEPLAY, character's development and some really nice custom battle systems that ive created and worked hard on . Also, I will always provide support whenever you ask, about my future projects, and will listen to your opinions.

Each game will present you a new gamestyle, if you dont like games without a good story or beautiful maps, I really cant help you, as stated on the text file that comes with any of my demos.

People tell me to HIRE people to make a story for my games or maps.....
Hire someone to do MY game story? This wont happen, I feel better knowing that the story or the maps were created BADLY by me, then made by someone else.

Most of people here wont agree with me, or to what Im saying, but life is complicated, what you gonna do?
SOME will agree..

As for the question about my sales, here you go:

Soul Knights  : 122 (released 10 months ago)  :neutral:
           Gorakion : 41 (released 3 months ago)  :smile:
                Buffz : 89 (released almost 2 months ago)  :lol:

Ok, my games are sh*t ? Fine, its your opinion. Go play somethin else.
What I do know, is that lots of people think the way I do, and REALLY like my games.

I will always offer a greater character development and leveling customization on my games, I love this on any RPG.
I have a nice event scripting skill, I can literally build ANYTHING with events.

Story is more than or is 50% of a game to you? Then go read a book instead of playing my games.

Want to have fun, test yourself, and see if can beat the last boss using your created character?
Lizard -2D Entertainment- will always have games for you.

What I REALLY dont like, is people emailing me or posting on forums, that my games are pieces of crap when they havent even played the game correctly, or just have opened the demo screen and left, or just saw a single screenshot...THIS is a thing that I constantly hear, but Im trying not to bother anymore with these kind of things.

Anyways, classic RPG games are classic RPG games. Great story, amazing maps, nice battle system ?! Nice!! Play it!
My games, are my games.

You dont like me, or my games, go and make yourself a better game then.
If you managed to create a better game than mine, thumbs up to you ! Yay!  :thumb:

I never meant to be rude or anything like that with ANYONE, but sometimes, people are not very polite when expressing themselves when it comes to my games or websites.

EDIT: Soul Knights website will be up in 24 hours , maybe less.

people are not very polite when expressing themselves when it comes to my games or websites.

I'm not surprised....

All the comments and critique here have no other purposes but helping you improve your game. But it seems like you care 252 opinions that paid you more than 1,000 opinions that , if you follow, could bring you more than $1,260

I was gonna say something more, but seeing your last reply, I'd better stop. It seems like you've made up your mind on the way you're going to develop your game. No point giving you any more c&c.

I'm sorry, but from what I had read in the above post, it seems like you AREN'T listening to suggestions. Your games are your games, and we are just trying to make them better. Keep an open mind and don't shut off ideas related to story and mapping completely, or you will discourage people from posting feedback.
You don't want to hire a mapper? Try to improve your mapping skills. You don't want any story? Maybe you could write a short ReadMe introduction.

I am not shutting off ideas, or saying that YOU guys werent polite on posting your opinions.
I know some are trying to help, and I appreciate that.

What I meant, is that daily Im receiving emails regarding my games, and people say terrible things with even worse arguments. Thats what I dun like.

But i tell you this, I wont be just another ordinary RMXP game developer.

EDIT : ok, all three websites should be working fine by now, if you see any errors on accessing them or you still see the older website, its probably because you need to clean up the internet temp files cache and then hit "refresh".

Hire someone to do MY game story? This wont happen, I feel better knowing that the story or the maps were created BADLY by me, then made by someone else.

I actually like this a lot.

I agree that gameplay should come first -- we are making GAMES after all. But there's no reason to put little effort into the other areas. If your games are selling then that is fantastic (I'm actually interested in how you are marketing and selling these, if you'd be willing to help out with the information for other people who plan to go commercial).

I haven't played your demos, but it seems like you've got a solid grasp on gameplay. Rather than continuing the trend, I'd suggest that in your next game try and spend some more time incorporating story, characters, setting and other things into the game. Gameplay as the central feature is a good thing that I agree with, but if you are lacking in other areas (and if you know that you are lacking in other areas), then it wouldn't hurt to try and improve on it was you keep going with your career in game making.

What I meant, is that daily Im receiving emails regarding my games, and people say terrible things with even worse arguments. Thats what I dun like.

Are they paying customers? Then I'd suggest that you listen to what they are saying. If a large percentage of your userbase shares an opinion, then I would advise that you not ignore it. It's one thing when you're making free games for fun, but when you are going commercial, people are paying for something that they expect. Developing a game for profit is VERY different than developing a game for yourself. Just something to keep in mind, bro.

That said, I'm going to have to reinforce what I said about the web site. On the internet (and off of it), presentation is everything, and your website isn't going to cut it. It might be working for now, but if you're serious about taking your games to the next level, commercially or otherwise, you might really want to look into hiring a web developer (hint hint pm me). Using a page builder isn't going to cut it.

90% are not PAYING customers.

And most of the ones who have purchased my game, said that it was worth their money, but from some, I didnt even have a feeback email back to me, oh well.

I always, and WILL always listen and read carefully to the paying customers emails/questions.

Emails regarding download link or game info are answered almost instantly, most of time I am online and also have email auto-check each minute.

Unfortunately I cant respect most of the emails from non-customers ....like :

"Your demos SUXXX, go f*** yourself." .... Brian 4747

But I do reply them back, saying something like : " Yeah, I dont like demo versions either, and you are probably a better game developer than I do but thank you for your opinion tough! You should try the Full Version my friend, have a nice day now!"

About the improvements, I will always find ways to make the games look better, I am 100% dedicated to them ,unfortunately some people give highest priority to game beauty and story, and for THAT, I wont be able to help for now. I never really liked and never mind these things, you know.

Event scripting is what I do best, and my games will show you that.......for now.

I think that's one problem with demos - they are supposed to be crap/short so that people will buy the full game. People who complain about free versions of games, especially in that way, hold no respect from me :/

Wyatt":jwc17t33 said:
they are supposed to be crap/short so that people will buy the full game.
If your demo is crap why would you expect anyone to buy the full version!?!? On the possibly false belief that "oh don't worry the full version is better but I made a crap demo to pursuade you to buy a good game...."

That's exactly my point. The demo has to be crap or nobody has a reason to buy the full game, but at the same time if the demo isn't good nobody will want to play the full game. Bit of a paradox really.

regi

Sponsor

It doesn't have to be crap; if you just make it short and simple with maybe a cliffhanger to leave the player wanting to learn more and play more, they will buy the full version.

Regi":olbtjsdm said:
It doesn't have to be crap; if you just make it short and simple with maybe a cliffhanger to leave the player wanting to learn more and play more, they will buy the full version.
Thank you! NOBODY that has any common sense will buy a game after playing a crap demo.
But this is becoming a discussion on demo's.. Let's get back to playing/critiquing LizardLucas' games.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.