Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Light Circles Script v1.2

Hi there, I have to say I love the idea of this script - the only thing stopping me is the CCTS since that also tints the screen. Although if it's possible, I'd love to be able to use this to turn on the lamps at night so you can see where you're going - could that be done? Like, disabling the screen tone the same way you can now turn off the light switch? Or can you already do that and I've missed it somewhere..?

Thanks for the great script BTW, if I can use it you'll certainly be credited :)

Hi truthfultriger, sure the script can turns on or off the lamps but i am not sure about 'at night' u mentioned? Is the 'at night' is one of the effect created by another script?

Hi :) Yeah, the CCTS stands for Complete Climate and Time System. It tints the screen with the changing hours, seasons and climates - including caves and deserts. Aaaaand, I've been having another play with the two scripts, and - look what I found in CCTS...

Code:
# * time.tone_freeze(true/false)

#     - Will freeze/unfreeze the screen tone from updating automatically. Use

#       before you would like to set a custom screen tone, otherwise the system

#       will override it.

Looks like my question's been answered ^_^ Although I did notice, the comments with the lamps seem to have stopped working since upgrading the script in the demo - are they now controlled differently?

yup, they are now controlled by only the comments in the events themselves, instead of also another variable '$sensitivity' which control the universal lighting. However function wise they should perform the same, just that the lighting level have to adjusted again.

Hey there,

I have some request and hope it can be realized!

Is it possible draw the Areas of Light (so the actual Form) for Events and Player through Graphic/Pictures (like circles etc.) instead of drawing them directly by the script? That would be very cool, i'm looking for such a functionality :).

greetz

Taiine

Is there away to change the color of the darkness tint? So if you want like a dark blue tint for night, or green for whatever you can? Rather than it just being black? Adding a screen color tone to a map just makes it even darker where you can't see squot.

$cHm0ck: hi thanks for the opinion! However the light effect by coding is the fundamental of this script which if replaced by pictures, some of the functions will be not available anymore. There are some scripts that exactly fulfill your request in the forums like Day/Night and Clear Lights with Clock;)

9robin3: the second link is the link for script demo download, do u manage to download the file?

Taiine: the function is currently not supported by this script, however it's possible to be modified if you wanted to do so;)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.