Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Light Circles Script v1.2

I've seen may of these but this one rocks! It's so easy to use since you don't have to do anything! lol :haha:

Like people have said before though, it would be nice if you could add a few features like call script at a certin point and dismiss script. Another cool feature i'd like to see is a "flicker" effect for things like candles or torches. Makes it more realistic.

this script seems awesome but i was wondering if there was any way you could make it customizable so if say u wanted the light around a fire it would appear red, like the fire light. Or, for example, if you wanted to make a glowing bug or something you could make it glow purple.

I'm trying to figure out the script commands but I keep coming up with syntax errors when I call script.

This should work:
$game_player.change_sensitivity(5,4)

But it does nothing.

When I use:
$game_player.change_sensitivity2(5,4)
I get:

NoMethodError occurred while running script

undefined method 'change_sensitivity2' for
#<Game_Player:0x75b04b0>

I have accidentally deleted my explanation about the script but will make another as soon as possible~

to BlueEagle7, you are right. There are something problems with my script and I have corrected the problem that you stated before. Thanks for your comment~

to nicol100, I will try to make it as soon as possible~

to Sirus01 and thenotorioustater, thanks for your idea and I will try to make it^^

to Barchetta ,
--> $game_player.change_sensitivity(5,"sensitivity_2")
the code above means that i want a light of power value equals to 5 , put on only hero

--> $game_player.change_sensitivity(2,"sensitivity")
the code above means that i want a light of power value equals to 2 , put on hero and events

the way of writing out the code I think is a bit of confusing and wasting time which I should improve it long time ago...very sorry for that lol~
if you still can't make it, then just write :
$sensitivity=5
$sensitivity_2[A]=5
where A equals the event id that you wish to change its light radius(if A==0, it direct to hero)
$sensitivity is a universal light radius which mean if u add the value of $sensitivity, both hero and events' light radius will be added.

Nice to meet you Zealo^^

~To use this script, place this script just above Main.
~The hero and events settings have to be configured.
~Set the event's configuration by referring to the photo showed above(I have just updated it)
~To change hero's light circle radius, change the value of $sensitivity_2[0].
~To change both hero and all events' light circle radius, change the value of $sensitivity.
~To make hero's light circle flick, change $flick to value of 1 or higher.
~To ignore the script's effect, change $light_switch to value of 0.

Hopefully this helps you...

Hello. Cool script, I'm definitely going to use this. One question:

Can I change the @tone value with a call script?

I want some maps to be darker than others... And some maps to be normal without any darkness!

Thanks in advance.

to DreadOmen:
Thanks for your comment.
Yes, I have just updated the script. You can call $scene.spriteset.tone=A, where A is a number.
The bigger the number, the darker the tone is.
If you want the map without any darkness, just put $light_switch=0.

This script is awesome, but it quickly takes my processor to 100% activity and then lags a lot, never letting the processor usage get lower until I shut the game off. Maybe you should look into a more efficient way of controlling the geometric calculations?

But anyway, could you provide me a really simple version of the script, with decreased quality? I really don't need it to be as pretty as it is right now... I just need a dyamic light circle that works as well as yours, doesn't matter if it's a plain white blob interacting with an undithered dark background. Could you please fill this request?

Funny, I noticed that when I accidentally typed "$slight_switch=0" in call script instead of "$light_switch=0" like I meant to, then started the game, the hero's light circle started as a small circle then grew to fill the whole map. I had a call script "$sensitivity_2[0]-=-1" on the same map, and I noticed that when I changed the "hero sensitivity" to a positive number the light circle did the opposite, it dimmed. I found this by accident, but is this a considered part of the script?

to MarkDarkness,
thanks for your comments. I will try to improve its performance. Can you provide me some details about the script you need? I will try my best if I can make it^^

to DreadOmen,
I think that the value of $sensitivity_2[0] should be more than 150 in order to get significant increase of light circle radius.

Thank you for the feedback, levanan! What I need is exactly what you provide, but with simplified math. Something like the image below, but a little more sophisticated:

*click to expand*

Do you think it's possible?

OMG nice script O.O
I dunno how it got away with my script radar o.O

Just in time since I finished my lamp post *.*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW22dkv59yU if you are interested o.oa

Anyway, is there a script call syntax that lets me flick the event's light manually?
Since my lamp post light graphics flickers at a certain frame and I want to match the timing *.* (all light post have different flick interval)

Thankies *.*

thanks TickTock, medinastories and Mimi Chan for the comment.
Mimi Chan, you mean the lights flick at different time interval? if it is so I think it will be hard to do by this script as the script uses single time interval for all graphic updates. By the way why you wanna use different timing, I mean can it be something alternative?

Since all my lamps flicker at different rates ^^; (would be bland and unrealistic if every light source flicker at the exact time)
No worries though ^^. I don't think I can use this system since I think it has incompatibility issue with the time system I am using (on the tinting part)

Batman

Sponsor

I'd use this script but if I use this with any of the scripts I'm using for my game it lags the hell out of it! Hopefully another version comes out with a lot less lag.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.