Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Is it illegal to make money off an RMXP game?

1. Is it illegal to sell a game made with RPG Maker XP?

2. Is it illegal to make an MMORPG out of RPG Maker XP and then offer premium membership by paying a monthly fee?

Two super important questions :D.

Oh and I don't want to hear any crap about ohhh no you can't make an MMORPG with RMXP. You have no idea what I'm intending to make.

silver wind":3th1mfa9 said:
Thanks, It IS interesting. :)
How many were playing the game? I was told Netplay can't support many players at once.
(and when I asked how much it CAN support, I never got a clear answer)

I've held 20 players stably before. Not many, but that's on a non-dedicated machine. (I was running it off a machine that was also playing the game, had a single core, 2 meg internet connection, etc etc etc.

you will need to make an agreement with the maker of NetPlay.

I'm making a tutorial soon which I hope will solve this issue. Netplay is VERY VERY VERY basic stuff, and easily remade from scratch.

It's 100% legal to sell your game, even for a subscription.

I don't get why mmorpgs would be any different as a previous poster implied.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.