Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

IRC Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that the mods for the channel are sometimes totally gone, and that there's no one mod that's always on the channel 24/7 (especially since Dark Zero lost his mod status). It's difficult when stupid people run amuck (and before anyone says anything, I'm not referring to any specific person. There are other stupid people than the ones that I'm known to hold in very low reguard), or when people come in talking about how to hack RMXP, or talking about using the illegal version.

I vote that some of the members that are on IRC all the time should at the very least, be given Half-Op status, particurally those that are known to be responsable and know how IRC works very well.

...yes, I vote for myself.

And yes, I realize this can't happen unless Erk makes it so. It's something to think about.

To be honest, I would be willing to give up my own op status in favor of someone with more time on his/her hands. I know that I'm hardly ever on, and it's tough because I can be busy and I try to not center myself too much around the computer. Hell, I hardly ever post on the forum itself. I'm not completely sure why I was opped in the first place, but then again that's my mistake since I could have declined the offer. So...I agree, and I'm all for giving someone else a chance.

Rye said:
Skyla would make a great mod, at least for filtering out those idiots.

XD

Well, I wouldn't be like TREG, and just kick whenever the heck I feel like it. :P

Seriously, though. I've modded (and am still modding) several channels that are quieter than RMXP.org. I know when is an appropriate time to give people warnings, kicks, and kick/bans. So, I have the experiance, but I think it would come to a matter of whether or not they trust me not to perma-ban Dox from the channel. :P

PK8

I like the idea. I'd like to vote for myself as well since I'm usually on IRC. I'd totally like to vote for myself but if the mods or admins do not allow self-nominating for voting then I'll vote for Skyla.

punkid89 said:
I like the idea. I'd like to vote for myself as well since I'm usually on IRC. I'd totally like to vote for myself but if the mods or admins do not allow self-nominating for voting then I'll vote for Skyla.
Also you're never online :|

Nix

Well, another OP would be nice, but it's not up to us members. Hopefully one of the mods will see this topic and cast their judgement on the subject. :)

Actually I don't think Esper does halfops. You'd need to go to a different network, like Slacked for that. It might be a good idea though. Also, I vote for MYSELF for mod instead because I'm awesome. 8-)

Anonymous

Bahamut is a terrible ircd. Unreal isn't much better, but it allows for halfops and the like as well as +S (which strips colors, rather than blocking them, allowing idiots who use color and do not know how to turn it off to talk without getting angry and complaining about being banned) and numerous other awesome channel modes! Slacked uses Unreal :>

Also outside of whoring out other networks, note that there IS usually at least one op in the channel at any given time. Alongside that, there are eleven possible ops: ccoa, Flash, Tana, Lene, Andy6000, psgels, arcthemoney, TREG, Euphony, and Raz. As it stands, the only person with the power to add another op is ccoa; Erk's name was pruned, and he is no longer an op OR founder of #rmxp.

so really there is no need for more ops with eleven ops already on the list, and at least one is in the channel throughout the day! however if we do get a new op i would advise it be someone unbiased and not irrational, so

excuse me wtf r u doin

I'm about to be promoted to op!! all you need to do is keep your mouth shut and it will happen why do you ruin everything for me :|

Erk

Tel said:
Bahamut is a terrible ircd. Unreal isn't much better, but it allows for halfops and the like as well as +S (which strips colors, rather than blocking them, allowing idiots who use color and do not know how to turn it off to talk without getting angry and complaining about being banned) and numerous other awesome channel modes! Slacked uses Unreal :>

Also outside of whoring out other networks, note that there IS usually at least one op in the channel at any given time. Alongside that, there are eleven possible ops: ccoa, Flash, Tana, Lene, Andy6000, psgels, arcthemoney, TREG, Euphony, and Raz. As it stands, the only person with the power to add another op is ccoa; Erk's name was pruned, and he is no longer an op OR founder of #rmxp.

so really there is no need for more ops with eleven ops already on the list, and at least one is in the channel throughout the day! however if we do get a new op i would advise it be someone unbiased and not irrational, so

Actually, I stil am. I try not to lose important passwords like that... I set myself back up as a registered user and channel founder last night.

I will try to hang around IRC a bit more and get a feel for who is there when the ops are not. If you come in at a point when no ops are around, please take a note of the time and who is in the channel, and post it up here to help us out.

People who vote for theirselves as op shouldn't become ops.

Skyla, I have nothing against you, but I've seen you quite pissed on IRC for at least 1 time by now. Myself, whenever I'm pissed I avoid contact at any cost, as I know I'm easier to provoke. I know what happens if someone angers me, and as that may be the same case for you, it's probably not a good idea to have an op status. I can easily see you would have banned myo about the "yu-gi-oh-translation-discussion", of course he can easily be unbanned by another op, but these matters do lead to other "niceties".

Punkid, NO.

I actually think that a lot of this would be fixed if I got my op status back... but if we do add another OP it should be someone from like... far enough east (Or west, if you go the other way ;)) to be on at like the time when most ops (since we're mostly North American) aren't.

Rain

Sponsor

Dark Zero said:
I actually think that a lot of this would be fixed if I got my op status back... but if we do add another OP it should be someone from like... far enough east (Or west, if you go the other way ;)) to be on at like the time when most ops (since we're mostly North American) aren't.

The benefits of being a European ;)

Lets keep the "reasons why I don't think so and so should be an Op" discussion out of here. I think many of the existing OPs know who are good candidates for a promotion. If we are adding more Ops anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.