Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Indie Game Maker English Release

http://tkool.jp/products/IGMAKER/

Enterbrain have now released Action Game Maker in English.

The cost is $90, and it has been renamed "Indie Game Maker", or "IG Maker". (That'll piss off AGM.whatsit :crazy: )

System Requirements
CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4, 2.4GHz or faster (Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or better recommended)
Memory: Minimum 512MB (2GB or more recommended)
Hard disc drive: Minimum free space of 300MB
Video card: Minimum resolution of 1,024 x 768 pixels (*For authoring games in high-definition, a video card with at least 128MB video memory and 1,280 x 720-pixel resolution is recommended.)
Sound card: 16-bit stereo, 44.1 or 48KHz sampling rate, and capable of WAV format playback
DVD-ROM drive: Required for installation

*Operation is not guaranteed for 64-bit operating systems.
*Hardware must be DirectX9.0c-compatible.

act_ph01.jpg
act_ph02.jpg
act_ph03.jpg

As before the download is from Download.com and it's a trial.

http://download.cnet.com/IG-Maker/3000- ... ?tag=mncol

$89.99 to buy in full.

Create simple games just by toying with premade templates!
To start a new project, the New Game Wizard will guide you through all the initial setup. Using ready-made templates, a game can be quickly assembled by just selecting the genre, name, atmosphere, music, and hero type. Naturally, a game can be constructed completely from scratch. In this case, the project is started by choosing only the genre, screen size, and name.

Completed games can be played on Xbox 360 systems.
Completed games can be output in non-Windows formats.
For example, the output can be in XNA Game Studio format for play on XBox 360 systems. In such a way, created games can be shared with more players. It's also possible to make games in a variety of screen resolutions to suit the output format.
*You must be a member of the XNA Creators Club to enable play of games made using this tool on Xbox 360 systems.

mawk

Sponsor

yeah, man. when I first caught word of this I was so hyped. I was like "oh man I am going to make some badass metroidvania" but really this program isn't even capable of doing shit like nes megaman or ninja gaiden.

enterbrain isn't even pretending anymore that they don't intentionally gimp their products to create demand for the next release. smileboom (the programmers) dropped the ball down a well on this one, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of momentum towards fixing what's wrong -- even shit that's so awful it had to be intentional (i.e. only accepting audio in hugeass .wav form)

exs

You guys know that this is only a trial and unlike Enterbrains previous trails they withheld a lot of features right? There's a lot of limitations in the trail.

Note: That's just what I've read. I've yet to try the trial or game myself. Downloading trial now - had the full version before to test before buying but despite having an english translation I couldn't get the crack to work past the installation - that was some few months ago.

This program is at least worth giving a shot. I mean, is it that bad?

If I were to actually make games with this, I would probably aim toward action-RPGs because 1, I've grown accustomed to making RPGs and 2, I love Zelda games and it would be awesome to make games like it.

Yeah doing ANYTHING with it is a pain in the ass, and it doesn't even come with a damned help file (if it does, it'd probably take a rocket scientist to figure out how to get to it)

To put it more bluntly, everything I tried to do was a pain in the ass to even figure out. I tried making a 'new game' with it and failed to even lay a tile down (no 'RTP' or WTF?!), then I started messing with the sample games (which aren't bad for... sample games... generic sample games) and editing them; everything I touched made the program just not want to work.

The thing might have potential for people who feel like figuring out everything themselves and get good enough to know what everything does, but my 30 day trial I only spent the first 5 days on it and got absolutely nowhere and said "Fuck this thing" and never touched it again (I need to get around to uninstalling the damn thing!)

mawk

Sponsor

don't try it. it's gimped beyond reason.

for two, you can only use giant-ass .wav music and if you're making a shooter, guess what? you're not. you can only have three different varieties of projectile, so no Megaman 2 Densetsu for you.

also there's no scripting system, so you can't modify your own game outside of what the editor lets you do unless you code your own module from scratch or export to Flash and diddle the Actionscript.

all there is is the confusing-ass editor options, which really would have been better presented as variables floating around in raw code. I don't care about all this shit I just want to make my guy jump higher

also text entry is weird. you, like, prepare bits of dialogue in advance on a separate screen and then call the one you need. I don't understand how anyone thought this was good design.

if you want to make a quality actiongame it's probably easier and more effective in the long run to learn Game Maker or MMF2. the programming to make a platformer or something is quite simple. some things may take more effort, but it pays off in the end.

Kav

Sponsor

Kain Nobel":xxp9jdc1 said:
Yeah doing ANYTHING with it is a pain in the ass, and it doesn't even come with a damned help file (if it does, it'd probably take a rocket scientist to figure out how to get to it)
When IG Maker's loaded up, click the "Help" link on the left sidebar. It opens up the helpfile (which explains all the functions in the program in detail).

EpE

Kiriashi":3hqukfl5 said:
Holy crap, Kav is a rocket scientist. :specs:

In all honesty though, this system could be a little easier to understand..

ROFL

ill give it a try even if people says is confusing

looks like theres no scripting?
well might download it when im done with all the stuff I wanted to download

Kipe

After scanning over a tutorial on how to actually play your IG Maker game on the Xbox, I figured that it wasn't worth it. There were way too many steps, and you have to have a membership (which only lasts 4 or 12 months, depending on which you pay for).

I could only use IG maker for like 2 days before giving up, and I just went back to it every week or so just to see if I had any more luck with it.

Placing events is just too complicated... and they usually don't work the way you'd expect them to. Considering they come from a list, and they're exactly the same thing you see on the demo games, I just couldn't see why it wasn't working. I had to copy/paste existing events in order to get them to work... I could never figure out how to customize events the I wanted to, and the map layers are complicated as well.

There are more things that I hate about it.. but that's it for now.

I'm on day 28 of the trial, and I won't be buying it.

Maya29

As the shooter first bubble appeared, few programmers know, this game will become one of the most played games on the web and generate millions of daily play. There are different types of online games bubble, but many of them are based on the typical style of Zuma Bejewled requiring adaptation or shoot bubbles and precious stones, while collecting bonuses and various improvements along the road. This type is also available in downloadable format, and yet the coolest shooting games are simple tips.

your mother is a Mormon and a spam bot

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.