Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Indie Game Maker English Release

http://tkool.jp/products/IGMAKER/

Enterbrain have now released Action Game Maker in English.

The cost is $90, and it has been renamed "Indie Game Maker", or "IG Maker". (That'll piss off AGM.whatsit :crazy: )

System Requirements
CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4, 2.4GHz or faster (Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or better recommended)
Memory: Minimum 512MB (2GB or more recommended)
Hard disc drive: Minimum free space of 300MB
Video card: Minimum resolution of 1,024 x 768 pixels (*For authoring games in high-definition, a video card with at least 128MB video memory and 1,280 x 720-pixel resolution is recommended.)
Sound card: 16-bit stereo, 44.1 or 48KHz sampling rate, and capable of WAV format playback
DVD-ROM drive: Required for installation

*Operation is not guaranteed for 64-bit operating systems.
*Hardware must be DirectX9.0c-compatible.

act_ph01.jpg
act_ph02.jpg
act_ph03.jpg

As before the download is from Download.com and it's a trial.

http://download.cnet.com/IG-Maker/3000- ... ?tag=mncol

$89.99 to buy in full.

Create simple games just by toying with premade templates!
To start a new project, the New Game Wizard will guide you through all the initial setup. Using ready-made templates, a game can be quickly assembled by just selecting the genre, name, atmosphere, music, and hero type. Naturally, a game can be constructed completely from scratch. In this case, the project is started by choosing only the genre, screen size, and name.

Completed games can be played on Xbox 360 systems.
Completed games can be output in non-Windows formats.
For example, the output can be in XNA Game Studio format for play on XBox 360 systems. In such a way, created games can be shared with more players. It's also possible to make games in a variety of screen resolutions to suit the output format.
*You must be a member of the XNA Creators Club to enable play of games made using this tool on Xbox 360 systems.

Jason

Awesome Bro

So the minimum space required is 300MB, yet the download is 1.31GB, and that's just the trial you say...

How about...

... Fuck that.

I was never really bothered when I first heard about AGM, and as far as I know, it hasn't exactly become hugely popular (Although at the time, it was only the Japanese version with an English translation patch, or something...). And to be honest, I'm still not interested, unless I see someone make something truly amazing.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Meh, either way I won't be downloading it anyways, unless, as I said, someone makes something truly amazing with it, cause then it proves you can make really good games and not just some little shitty thing that's so embarassing you wouldn't show your dad (Arbi, if you try to show me an IGM game, I swear I'll beat you with a rubber spoon... again.)

Apparently:

- Updates will be released for the engine on a regular basis
- Plugins are available (wahoy)
- A few bugs were fixed from the Japanese release

If I had a good enough connection I'd download it and re-up without the materials, but I don't. :{

Jason

Awesome Bro

Lol I'd do it for everyone else (I'd obviously delete it after I've downloaded it since I really don't want it), buuut I'm with Sky so it'd take me a good month or two,

Kav

Sponsor

Commodore Whynot":1qahilqo said:
Apparently:

- Updates will be released for the engine on a regular basis
- Plugins are available (wahoy)
- A few bugs were fixed from the Japanese release

If I had a good enough connection I'd download it and re-up without the materials, but I don't. :{
What? Where did you hear this? They never said anything about releasing updates.

Off hand chat on another channel. As I said, "apparently".

What gets me is this line:

*Operation is not guaranteed for 64-bit operating systems.

All new computers are 64-bit. New software developers need to realise, that making a program which will therefore soon become obsolete isn't good :crazy: (Yes I know OS not computer, but still, that means anyone with over 4GB ram is screwed. Spend all that money on a better computer and suddenly you can't run what everyone below you can.)

Engine001 just looks amusing. :) I can't take it seriously.

I tried to download it so I could re-up it without the resources but the download failed due to the size. Gah.

I personally would prefer if there were no resources with it and it was a smaller d/l. More original games, and more thought put into them.

regi

Sponsor

Despite all the complaints (large file size, .wav files, .etc) it actually looks like there are some unique features they finally put in. Customizable menus, different screen resolutions, and better collision detecting are nice pluses. And there is a workaround if you want .mp3 files, but you can only use them if exporting to .swf (as wav files don't work in Flash).

Well, this looks interesting, I like IGM mostly 'cuz of the projectile system. But as it stands I wanna see something made before I make the investment, besides ... I'm still sold on the Stencyl Points Achievement System ... if it ever even comes out.

Wowza. 1 GB of crap? Serously, this is a letdown to me. It'd best be a very expansive RTP or something because I really wouldn't like to pay 90 dollares for something with a VX small RTP. I'll try to dl it and see if it bursts my haterade bubble.

As it stands, I'll download... I'll try it out... I'll fuck around and try to make something with it, but if this thing has an error every time I touch something then I'm gonna recommend everybody to not bother with it :P

I'm hoping this 1GB of shit can even run on my OS, because I'm using a 64 bit...

Highly doubtful I'll do much with it though, I've already spent 3 years working on my XP project and I do plan on finishing that first before I move onto any other cheesy ass 'game makers'.

On the other hand, I'm so sick of RPG's, so if it does happen to be good, maybe I'll use it and stick with it. All other game making software I've tried, either by a company or indy, has sucked, except for some of the 3D stuffs which I don't have the time for.

mawk

Sponsor

it's terrible

it's absolutely terrible

don't buy, don't whatever. if you want to make platformers or action games, game maker or mmf are better ideas. they take a little more in the way of effort, but the end product shows it.

I like IGM mostly 'cuz of the projectile system.
you mean the fact that you can have at most three kinds of projectiles in your game and there's no present way of including any more?

Spoo

Sponsor

I'll trust mawk on this one. Generally I'll download a maker to try it out whether I plan to use it or not, but this sucker is over a gig in size and a trusted ex staffer says it sucks.

Bye AGM...er...IGM...er...W/E

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.