Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I need help with an event

Here's an event case for if the room is a different map.

First on the even add an event page.  Keep the graphic blank on page two and set the conditional to a variable we'll call [npctalk] to >= 1

Now back to page one the following set on action button pressed:

Code:
show text:: Hi, let's go to the other room.
set move route: [this event] #then make him take the best route.
Wait for move's completion
# this is assuming you are using the door charset for the door
set move route: [door] #then you use the appropriate move directions for the door opening graphics
wait for move's completion
#now we'll make him step through and disappear by  setting the talk variable which will cause the graphic to change to nothing.
control variables: [npctalk] == 1
branch end

Now in the next room make an event with the following conditional:[npctalk] >= 1  and the same graphic as your other event.  He will now appear after you talk to him in the first room and set off the variable already referenced.

Okay, What you want is when you talk to the event, make him say what you want then go to "set move route- this event-" and move him up one. Then click the Control Switch Button and turn an un-used switch( I will call it switch X) on. After the switch is on, Click the "erase Event" button. On the door event, Make your guy teleport into the building. In Map 2, Make the knight again and make it a Parallel process. Click the "Set Move Route button and put in the following:
Move up
Move left
Move left
Move Up X 11
Move right
Move Right
Move up
Add Talking right here
Move Down
Move Left
Move Left
Move down x 11
Move Right
Move Right
Move down
Move down
Switch X on

Now on the Knight Event on map 1 and 2, Make another page that has the "Switch Boxes" On the upper left hand corner. Click one of the boxes and make it Switch X. Don't put anything on that page.

Now that should work

Hmm I have a few issues

First. The door is already open..I want it to open when the guard turns around
Kind of like he opened it.

Second. When he walks back down to leave the second room
it teleports him out then right back in.

let me try to describe this a little better

House with a door

Guard is guarding door

you walk up talk to guard

guard says what he has to say

turns around opens door

walks in and is teleported inside

walks up to king talks to him

turns around walks back outside

talks to you again

you are then free to go inside

That is as specific as I can get

Yours didn't work for me
I wasn't the guard when i walked in
and it didn't keep me outside it kept teleporting me back inside..I don't know if i might have missed somthing
or didn't explain it well enough....

Dude, In my best possible way to help you, you just need to practice and understand what the core things do first.  This is a simple cutscene.  Making the rest of the game is going to get a lot lot harder.  I must say I didn't read it but the hell are people talking about variables.  Way to make it complicated.

How can you not have the door closed originally?  Originally It will just be what ever sprite you set it as.  And secondly, you should be processing this whole scene from the guard, once you talk to the guard then the scene activates inside him.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.