Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

HP/MP/ATB/OVERDRIVE Bars Slanted style for RTAB V.2

Paradoxum;257338 said:
where is this updated link you are speaking of?

thanks!
DerVVulfman;256929 said:
The copy of the slanted bars that is included with the Limit Break and RTAB with Extras demos
In THESE topics that are easy to find in the forum (the RTAB demo is in Animated Battlers... usually in the first page). You can either get to them by a straight forward search, or by checking out the FORUM SCRIPT LISTINGS (stickied at the top) for a pretty complete index of the available scripts by category.

Between the BAR scripts, only a few key values have changed to distinguish them.

Between the scripts...
KGC OverDrive's terms of use prevents posting of their scripts at other forums (including ours :( ), won't allow for commercial usage (can't sell em), and the system only has 7 methods for bar gains.
Limit Break works with more systems (including RTAB and the SDK - so far), 'CAN' be used freely and you can sell your games (hehehe), has at least 11 methods for bar gain, and can deal with 'item' damage which KGC's neglected.

Didn't quite follow that last question. But if you were asking what you change to affect the ATB bar's color...
Code:
      # Color setting of gauge
      # Usually color setting of the time
      color5 = Color.new(0, 64, 80)
      color6 = Color.new(255, 255, 255)
      # When gauge is MAX, color setting
      color7 = Color.new(80, 0, 0)
      color8 = Color.new(255, 255,255) #(240,0,0)
      # Color setting at time of cooperation skill use
      color9 = Color.new(80, 64, 32)
      color10 = Color.new(255, 255, 255) #(240, 192, 96)
      # Color setting at time of skill permanent residence
      color11 = Color.new(80, 0, 64)
      color12 = Color.new(255,255, 255) #(240, 0, 192)
  • Colors 5 & 6 are the start & end colors of the normal bar.
  • Colors 7 & 8 are the start n end of the filled bar
  • 9 and 10 are the start and end colors of a 'Cooperative Skill' bar... when two characters are combining skills (separate script)
  • And 11 & 12 are if you are using the skill delay system (again... separate script

This is in the script... just look for these values in the atb section.

actor.rtp is the normal Value (colors 5&6 or if MAX colors 7&8)
actor.spell for combining skills (colors 9&10 or if MAX colors 7&8)
what is for the skill delay system system?

Close...
actor.rtp is the normal Value (colors 5&6 or if MAX colors 7&8) <- ;)
actor.spell for combining skills (colors 9&10). Emptied when done.

Skill Delay is for the RTAB system where casting a skill like FIREBALL takes some time before it get's cast (Available in the RTAB demo I posted). You'd have to wait for this secondary AT bar gets filled before... BAM. You can set different delays for skills, so weaker skills (by your option) can take short durations while grander skills can take more time.

Trickster made his own skill delay system for his battlesystems (not compatible with this ;) ), and I made a skill delay script for the default system (kinda cheesy and also won't use AT bars).

i understand the system, but not the coloration:

Code:
    if at == width 
    #Gauge drawing at the time of MAX
      for i in 0..height
        self.contents.blt(x + i + @plus_x + @width * @rate_x / 100, y -i + 
        @plus_y, @at_gauge, Rect.new(rect_x, @height * 2, at, @height))
      end
    else
      if actor.rtp == 0
        for i in 0..height
          # Usually gauge drawing of the time
          self.contents.blt(x + i + @plus_x + @width * @rate_x / 100, y- i + 
            @plus_y, @at_gauge,Rect.new(rect_x, @height, at, @height))
        end
      else
        if actor.spell == true
          for i in 0..height
            #Gauge drawing at time of cooperation skill use
            self.contents.blt(x + i + @plus_x + @width * @rate_x / 100, y - i + 
              @plus_y, @at_gauge, Rect.new(rect_x, @height * 3, at, @height))
          end
        else
          for i in 0..height              
            # Gauge drawing at time of skill permanent residence
            self.contents.blt(x + i + @plus_x + @width * @rate_x / 100, y - i +
              @plus_y, @at_gauge, Rect.new(rect_x, @height * 4, at, @height))
          end

which is what?

Ah, don't mess with THAT bit.

Look for the section that defines the colors and edit that. The Color.new statements define the colors

Syntax:
Color.new(rrr,ggg,bbb[,ooo])
rrr = Red (0 - 255)
ggg = Green (0 - 255)
bbb = blue (0-255)
ooo = Opacity/Solidity (0-255) <-optional

no i dont use this gauge
so i need the spezifcation,
when i draw the bar with something

what of this vars do what?
actor.rtp
actor.atp
actor.rt

edit: i need a method for to cal da local variable with a variable name

The 'at' value is the value for each actor's 'Active Timer' gauge, and if the 'at' value is equal to the gauges's width... it draws it in the FILLED color.

The 'rtp' value is an ALTERNATE fill bar system. If the rtp value is 0 while the at bar is still filling, then the system must be using either a cooperative skill or a skill delay script.

I forgot what .rt and .atp were, but they had to do with these.

Code:
  attr_accessor :at                        # AT (time gauge)
  attr_accessor :atp                       # AT (for indication)
  attr_accessor :rt                        # RP (permanent residence gauge)
  attr_accessor :rtp                       # RP (permanent residence necessary quantity)
i can english, but i don't understand...

what is with the cooperative skill or a skill delay script?
how are there vars?

To hanmac:
Those are separate systems by Cogwheel that this system is set up to consider. If you're not using RTAB, then don't worry about them.

To the_hellspawn:
I've been using it in the RTAB demo with "Anim Bat" for years, including the current demo... WHAT???

i know this are separate systems.
but i need all infos and vars that change the AT bar.
i say that i would like build a grandient AT bar (with support for the outher scripts)

Ha ok because seeing the screenshots is certainly not place like yours but the bar are the same.

DerVVulfman;258833 said:
To hanmac:
Those are separate systems by Cogwheel that this system is set up to consider. If you're not using RTAB, then don't worry about them.

To the_hellspawn:
I've been using it in the RTAB demo with "Anim Bat" for years, including the current demo... WHAT???

Is there a call script that turns it on and off? I got this Party Changer by Dargor and it gives an error if I go to different pages of selected party members.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.