Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

How to use RMXP on a school computer???

Does any on know how can i use rmxp on school computer (not the game the actual program) because i have tryed doing this in lots of ways one of them is using my memory stick

:mad: (oh yh i can't install rpg maker on the school computers just to let you know) :mad:

what do i need to do (if there is a way) to allow rmxp to be used on a school computer without installing it PLEASE HELP ME ,  :'(

Wait, so you want to use the program on your school's computers, even though you aren't allowed to install anything? Am I understanding you? I don't really see how you could do that... Of course, I'm no expert.

Do you have RMXP installed on any other computers? You can't use the same activation key on multiple computers, you know.

I would suggest fixing up that post with better spelling, and more detail. It's a tad difficult to understand what you're trying to say.

ok yh i have installed rmxp on my own computer and yes i am trying to use it on un privalaged
computers at school all it says is rgss-rtp is not insatlled yt i have tryed coping the folder into the entabrain root foolder on my usb stick

Edit: Ok i have edited the first post (sorry about the spelling mistake i'm trying very fast)

Your atrocious English makes it difficult to discern what you're trying to ask.

You have RMXP on the school's computer? It's missing the RTP, then? Couldn't you just... I dunno, put the RTP on the memory stick?

Perhaps? :x

Luminier":mdxrhs94 said:
Your atrocious English makes it difficult to discern what you're trying to ask.
I am 15 and i admitt i am not very good at english.
Luminier":mdxrhs94 said:
You have RMXP on the school's computer? It's missing the RTP, then? Couldn't you just... I dunno, put the RTP on the memory stick?

Perhaps? :x
Well that would be easy.......but rmxp is not installed on the schools computer it is installed on mine...but i have the rmxp folder on my memory stick with the folder called rgss,But it still says Rgss-rtp not installed.

you can't do it, unless you have an admin install the executable file (.exe). Executables have to be installed locally you cannot run them from a memory stick.

You could however, copy your home pc's hard drive to an external hardrive (operating system and all) and then hook it up to the school computer via USB. Once you do that you could then use the school's computer to boot up your external hard drive. You will have to do that from the BIOS.

My guess is that you are probably not allowed to do this at school, so I would just let it go. Or get a laptop.

Hero

Have you tried to install RMXP on a school computer to actually make sure if you could install it or not? Mine still allows me to install certain things (Such as the Opera browser which is what I'm using right now to access proxy and allowing me to post this message) so maybe you can if you try. If memory serves, I was able to install RMXP on my school computer 2 years ago, but I don't know how it's like on your end so you might have to do a bit of research if it doesn't work for you.

Oh yeah, what OS does your school computers use? If it runs on WinXP, then there's a possible way but I don't recommend it unless you want to risk getting yourself in trouble with your school.

iceplosion":p7drgf3k said:
Um...just leave it? you shouldn't be doing it in school anyway and it sounds like you aren't allowed to, and anyway what's the point? you would never get anything done.
Seconded!

Booting from an external hard disk is hadly recommended, last time I heard of anyone doing it he ended up with a big black burn on his desktop... It would likely work though.

Well that would be easy.......but rmxp is not installed on the schools computer it is installed on mine...but i have the rmxp folder on my memory stick with the folder called rgss,But it still says Rgss-rtp not installed.

you do realize most school related computers your not actually working on the computer's hard drive. schools mostly use computers as a tool on a larger server owned by a school district. the only way i see that you can actually use RMXP is if you can recieve admin access to a school computer's hard drive. other than that you'll have to use remote access from your home computer.

iceplosion":vwcbq66k said:
Um...just leave it? you shouldn't be doing it in school anyway and it sounds like you aren't allowed to, and anyway what's the point? you would never get anything done.

I personally, dunno about anyone else, have 1-3 hours free every day, between two lessons. (6th form). So... what better to waste those 3 hours on?

trainspotter":24u2flhy said:
you can't do it, unless you have an admin install the executable file (.exe). Executables have to be installed locally you cannot run them from a memory stick.

You could however, copy your home pc's hard drive to an external hardrive (operating system and all) and then hook it up to the school computer via USB. Once you do that you could then use the school's computer to boot up your external hard drive. You will have to do that from the BIOS.

My guess is that you are probably not allowed to do this at school, so I would just let it go. Or get a laptop.

Actually, on certain flash drives, you can. I remember having a Lexar flash drive (I don't remember specifically what kind, just that it had a bar display ON the flash drive itself showing the amount of memory used/available). And it came with a bunch of programs, and some things actually installed to the drive itself. It actually acted as a computer away from a computer in that when you connected it to an actual computer, it had it's own start menu, with programs, music, etc.. I actually had a few programs installed to it myself. Now, I don't know if your flash drive has this capability, but the one I had was really kick-ass, and it actually on sale at Wal-Mart.

(This is not meant to be an advertisement, btw...lol)

More importantly, I was kinda in your situation in that the high school I attended last year had admin blocks on all of the computers. One could not install anything, even if it was necessary for actual CLASSES. The teachers would just say, "Oh, well. Find another way to do it."

Hero":24u2flhy said:
Oh yeah, what OS does your school computers use? If it runs on WinXP, then there's a possible way but I don't recommend it unless you want to risk getting yourself in trouble with your school.

This guy is on the right track. You don't want to do anything retarded, and then get expelled or something for it. Best options are to leave your computer on at home and remote access it, or get a flash drive or an external hard drive and try it that way. Those options are at least personal, and you can't really get into any trouble doing it that way (I believe, don't quote me on that lol).

Have you ever heard of LogMeIn? That's the remote access I use. It's free, and can perform a good number of functions that you could on your normal computer. Now, don't go thinking you can play Crysis or Halo over the remote access, but you should be able to use RPG Maker fairly well. I haven't tried it myself, but it should work fine.

Just go over to www.logmein.com, and do what it tells you. Register for the free one, and try it out. Oh, and protip: the better the computer and internet connection, the better it will work for you. So if your school computers are garbage and obsolete, you may run into a few snags lol. Have fun, man. ^^;

just a quick word of caution... check your school's use policy for their computers (probably in the student handbook, if you have one). if you're doing things that are against that policy, you might get your computer privileges taken away. If you're in a programming class, that would suck. my husband is a school network administrator. typically, district admins keep a log of everything that a student does on their network, and sometimes log every time a usb device is plugged in. they take a special pleasure in busting students that try to get around them. that said, there are thumb drives that you can run .exe on. (my husband has confiscated quite a few with executables on them) but if you go against the schools use policy, depending on how good the network admin is, there might be some pretty stiff consequences.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.