Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

House on Fire [60/60 Hours] YOU MAD?

Daily Update: the 24th:

- Created some conversations and explanations for puzzles and other stuff.

- Added some minor code to a script.

- Started a big puzzle mainly involving the hookshot.

Time spent this day: 3 hours.

Daily Update: the 25th:

- Added a function to make the player unable to move when a certain switch is on.

- Added some movement possibilities for certain tiles, so I can now create cliffs and stuff slightly realistically.

- Random eventing and editing.

Time spent this day: 2 hours and 30 minutes because I suck at scripting.

Daily Update: the 26th:

- Repaired the arrow and hookshot as they would not function properly with the movement possiblity tiles.

- Scouted the interwebs for inspiration and graphics and found some, started mapping accordingly.

Time spent this day: 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Daily Update: the 27th:

- Made it possible for the hookshot to be fired from higher grounds, so it shoots over walls of the same height or lower and shit. Of course, it only hits pillars that are on the same level. THIS WAS A SHITJOB, couldn't figure out what was wrong when I evented it in the hookshot and it wasn't working. Eventually, I found out that I just had to add a simple line somewhere. Damn...

- Made a function to make an event trigger another event without the need of a switch. So, for example, when I put in a command for one event, it will trigger the event next to it while that second event has 'Action button' as a trigger.

Time spent this day: 4 hours.

Daily Update: the 29th:

- Almost completed the hookshot puzzle. That is, I still have to add a 'reset' button cause you can screw up big time. Some bugs decided to show up as well, I killed the ones that did. I hope this makes them scared enough not to show up any more.

Time spent this day: 2 hours.

PS: One fucking day left, woohoo, I'm going to nag it!

Last Daily Update: the 30th:

- Added another few things to the hookshot puzzle making it even bigger than before. Added a reset button to it as well.

Time spent this day: 1 hour and 30 minutes.

I HAVE COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE. YES. NOW GIVE ME COOKIES.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.