Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Help making a special enemy.

I need help making this enemy and what it does. First off they have several forms, one is the one they start off with: They are pretty much defenseless and cannot attack in this form, but they are hard to hit. The second form is when they are cloaked and cannot be seen, the chances of hitting them is very, very low. The third form is when they are stunned, it acts just like their first form except you can easily damage them, they become stunned when you hit them once and lasts for 1 or 2 turns. Their last form is their attacking form, the chances of hitting them is in between of all of the forms.

Now how I was hoping to have this battle set up, is they start out on their first form. Before you attack they immediately check to see if a certain member (in my game, this person has the ability to read the enemies HP. I'm using Raziel's Enemy HP script to do this by the way, thought I should point this out) is in your party. If that person is, one of these enemies attacks that person with a skill that I call the "Disruptor" which disables that ability to see the enemies HP for several turns . After that is done they immediately go into cloaking mode, every other turn they reappear in attacking mode to attack once, giving you the perfect chance to hit one. After they attack they cloak again, and repeats for a certain amount of turns and then they leave. (the battle ends, no exp. gained etc.)

Yea, I figured this would be hard to do...and would require TONS of event commands. If I done this by myself my head would probably explode, lol. Anyways, if anyone can help me, then....help me. Thanks.

(if you need anymore info on these things let me know)

-rubs his head- It would be easier as an ABS x_X and thats not what he is wanting Shiroun, He wants it where they change every turn(Basicly). You should read everything before posting.

Ok, I'm replacing all this with this then...I guess that was a bit too complicated, lol.

Anyways this is pretty easy for you guys, how do you do separate battles? What I mean is like the two battles are somehow linked, in one battle this enemy of mine is "invincible" and has swallowed one of the main characters...once you find out about that you can't hurt him a little talking here and there and the battle switches to the person inside the enemy. Person damages the inside enough, battle switches back outside where the enemy is now temporarily stunned and not invincible anymore...and it just loops from there until you defeat the actual creature.

Ok, thanks. I'm already experimenting with it myself...and I'm having a hard time because of some other issue involving HP bars and all that. lol

(the game lags greatly when a conversation is going on during battle)

EDIT: It going good so far, until I got to the second part...When I changed everything to make it where you're controlling the other character, she (ok yes, it's a girl, lol) immediately dies...I didn't even got the chance to select fight or anything. She takes 50 HP of damage and dies, anybody know what's up with that?

Ok after the second part (I fixed the instant dying thing, lol) I can't get anything to work, I give up...*sighs*
All these ideas I have turn out to start working fine until a day or two later.

EDIT 2....or 3....lol: Sorry Alexia, anyways I was trying to figure that part out while they worked on it too. So far I didn't have any luck so I gave up and letting the pros do it.

Edit: ???: Okay I took some time into this and made it happen...I had to make two separate battles for it to work. Anyways, I have one last question and I'm going to be done and move on with my game. How do you temporarily disable CERTAIN items?...Not all items...but certain ones.

Off topic question: Ok, I'm working on a part around this whole battle thing...and I'm trying to get some people to follow the hero (to simulate the catapillar effect, aftewards there going to move in different directions and all that), anyways when I try to test it out the people following takes one step and stops...I went through the events and found nothing wrong, what's going on here?
(I'm officially done editing/posting in this thread now...>_> lol)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.