Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Help making a special enemy.

I need help making this enemy and what it does. First off they have several forms, one is the one they start off with: They are pretty much defenseless and cannot attack in this form, but they are hard to hit. The second form is when they are cloaked and cannot be seen, the chances of hitting them is very, very low. The third form is when they are stunned, it acts just like their first form except you can easily damage them, they become stunned when you hit them once and lasts for 1 or 2 turns. Their last form is their attacking form, the chances of hitting them is in between of all of the forms.

Now how I was hoping to have this battle set up, is they start out on their first form. Before you attack they immediately check to see if a certain member (in my game, this person has the ability to read the enemies HP. I'm using Raziel's Enemy HP script to do this by the way, thought I should point this out) is in your party. If that person is, one of these enemies attacks that person with a skill that I call the "Disruptor" which disables that ability to see the enemies HP for several turns . After that is done they immediately go into cloaking mode, every other turn they reappear in attacking mode to attack once, giving you the perfect chance to hit one. After they attack they cloak again, and repeats for a certain amount of turns and then they leave. (the battle ends, no exp. gained etc.)

Yea, I figured this would be hard to do...and would require TONS of event commands. If I done this by myself my head would probably explode, lol. Anyways, if anyone can help me, then....help me. Thanks.

(if you need anymore info on these things let me know)

I'm not sure if it works but if they are in the database different enemies you could use the option in the event of transform enemy.

It will change you current enemy to another one.

I'm not sure if it does this but as the name states it transfroms.
And so you can keep on transforming and using a conditional branch with variables for the conditions or you can use the conditions from the troops part.

I know how to transform and all that, I'm just not good with making events as complicated as this. I was hoping someone could help me telling me what to do to get the enemy to do exactly as what the description says. I've tried to do it last night and I got a headache from it, lol.

I'll see if I can do anything...doesn't seem possible through events thought. I'll try.
Edit: Almost finished, I guess. I have a doubt thought. In the second paragraph, which form are you talking about? The first one? That battle seems very confusing, if they are regular enemies (not Boss). I am following your first paragraph for now :x
Tested and didn't work. It looked simple, but the battle didn't go as I wanted...Maybe some other person can try it.

I could event this if it wasn't for Raziels Script. It's easy to screw around wiht the enemeies, and make them do stuff, but when you are enabling and disabling the HP script, I am not sure what to do.
Maybe I oculd do it if you had the code. Like what the call script is for enabling and disabling the script.

Ok, thanks....uh, Cheeze? lol

By the way (doubt this will happen if you're right) if Cheeze can't get it to work, I'll go ahead and replace them with something else that may be easier to do. (although this backup plan requires a script, so I'll post it elsewhere and get this one closed)

Sorry if this is a double post But Sorry again that i didnt have it up, I had to go to the hospital. I'm working on it right now. And what battlers do you want for it?

make 4 enemys and name them something like "Sub-boss 1-4" Make a skill called the disruptor aswell. Make a Common event called the Disruptor and in the common event, Click the "Change skills" button and make 'Hero00X' forget 'HP Reader(or whatever its named)

After that click on the troops thing and add the first boss. On the little eventing page down there make a C-branch and make it "If Hero = skill '(Whatever the name is)'"
Force Enemy Action= Disruptor
(On the skills it will say Common event around there and change it to the common event 'disruptor')
After that make it "Transform" to enemy 'Sub Boss 2'

I havent tested this but I have to go now, I will finish it up later.

>> My head is hurting..I almost had a concosion x_X and I still event! -pose. then goes back to work-

EDIT: For some reason i cannot get It to work right, It wont change for me, but i got the disruptor skill working.

I'm taking the silence as a yes, lol.
Thanks for trying to help though, how do you do the disruptor? I might have to use a different Actor/Enemy HP/SP bars script though, since Raziel hasn't said anything to me lately.

Uhh, this is all event scripting...

Just make a variable in the enemy DB on the first - 3rd guy, that when their hp hits 0% another fight starts, where you fight next form, etc.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.