Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Haze

Mean1

Hey everyone. I have a good question. Ok so I have a portion in VX where you are traveling through a haunted woods.  Its not really all that scary. I was wondering how would you make a haze? Like a partial see through cloud or something that I could put in to make it look more like a haunted woods? Is something that I have to do as scripting or can I manipulate somethign for it to happen? Thanks in advance

Mean1

I just said yes. If I take out the fog script I dont get the error. If I put it in I get the error and plus it told me that the error was coming from the fog script.

Line 118: typeError occured nil can't be coerced into fixnum

I looked at the problem and I dont know or understand what that line does

Mean1

um...I have no clue how to do that.  My first game is basically a get-used-to-it game. so everything looks really bad. :lol: But sure once i know how to upload it I will. With or with out the script btw?

Mean1

THATS SCARY! I took out the fog script about 2 weeks ago and did other things then started a new project. I put the script back in just now and I didnt get the error again...I have no clue what I did that fixed it but...I still havent gotten it to work. :lol: Im wanting this map called Haunted Woods to have the fog. Idk I will post the game anyhow and maybe some one can tell me how to put the fog in

Ok here it is
http://www.mediafire.com/upload_complet ... cmmzeaj14y

As a helpful hint, there is a warp point to the right as soon as you start the game. I put it there to transfer myself to the area Im working on just to know everything is working. It transports straight to the haunted woods.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.