Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Haze

Mean1

Hey everyone. I have a good question. Ok so I have a portion in VX where you are traveling through a haunted woods.  Its not really all that scary. I was wondering how would you make a haze? Like a partial see through cloud or something that I could put in to make it look more like a haunted woods? Is something that I have to do as scripting or can I manipulate somethign for it to happen? Thanks in advance

regi

Sponsor

You can do this with a fog. You add fogs in the Database->Tilesets. They're basically pictures that show over the screen at a set opacity. You can use one of the default ones, or import your own.

Mean1

Wait are you talking XP? because there isnt that in VX. Im probably looking in the wrong part if anything. hmmm....  I know what you are talkign about I just cant find it

Mean1

You're good. lol It happens to everyone. But yeah let me try that.

That is what I wanted. Thanks. Now the problem is...it doesnt work! :lol: I got a script error but Im trying to fix it but thank you

regi

Sponsor

Hmm... the most likely problem you're having is not using commas correctly. Try looking at your code and make sure all of the configurations are similar to this:

Code:
Fog_whatever = {#1 => 'blah', #2 => 'blah2', #5 => 'blah5'}

Note that there are only commas between the codes, and not at the beginning or end of the code.
Hopefully that should cover the problem.

Man, Regi... helpfull as always.

Although I find scripting really hard to master but he's right. I also had a problem with that script and it was because of the use of commas to initiate the fog on a map.

Mean1

Actually no it isnt about the commas its something else

Line 118: typeError occured nil can't be coerced into fixnum

that is the error I got. So far the author hasnt replied back yet

regi

Sponsor

Ahh, well I'm afraid you'll have to ask a scripting expert on that, I have no clue.

Here, I'll move this to RGSS Support for ya, and meanwhile you might want to post what "line 118" says.

That line is:

Code:
  def update_fog

I tried the script and it worked fine for me.  Are you sure you named the fog picture correctly?  By default, your first fog should be named 'fog01.png'.  And make sure it is in the RGSS2>Graphics>Picture folder.

Oh, I made a typo above, make sure the Pictures directory is 'Pictures', not 'Picture'.

Although, I don't think that's the error, since that actually gave me a 'cannot find image fog01.png' message... I can't seem to recreate the error you're getting.  Did you change anything in the script at all?

Mean1

the only thing I changes was where I wanted the fog to be and the opacity. but thats just the beginning of it. I have the original copy (with out any chnages from me) and I put that in and I came up with the same error. It could be that my computer wont run it or I have a version that has a bug in it.

Mean1

All I have is a Side View Battle script. It is broken into 3 scripts

#==============================================================================
# â–  VX-RGSS2-6 サイドビュー戦闘[Formation] [Ver.1.0.1]       by Claimh
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# English Translation By: Elemental Crisis [http://www.rpgcrisis.net]
#  Actor location [Formation]
#  The same amount of damage will be given regardless of formation setup.
#==============================================================================

module Battle_Formation
  # [Formation Setup]
  #   $game_system.battle_formation = Formation ID
  #   It’s possible to change the formation (Even an event script is possible).
  FORM = {
    # Formation ID => [[Member 1 xã€

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.