Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

GTBS v1.5.1.4 - A FFT Styled Battle System (5/19/2010)

Is there a script addon or where would i find to edit(if im allowed) to make just one status window showing five actors hp and mp? Maybe even change the name text color based on status? And remove the the status from the command box completely? I know this is asking alot but any little bit would help thanks.

dricc

gerrtunk":15yym3oy said:
Can you list some games that uses this script?

Yes , that's an interesting question .
I really would like to see some games using this script . With sources , of course .

I downloaded the newest version of the XP demo and didn't alter it in any way. Animated enemy battlers work just fine, but animated player battlers don't work; they just act as if they're a normal 4x4 tile character with no additional frames or poses.

zchin

Sponsor

I have the latest version of it, and when I was play testing a battle map, an actor died by a counter attack, and then the wait/status menu came up, and you couldn't progress any further at all.
Other then that, everything is fine so far...

Thank you and have a nice day!

Hello!

I'm using XP and I've decided to use the animated character sets.

Although the frames for dead, walking, wait, etc. work - the attack frame doesn't seem to show up at all.

Basically it uses the wait frame for attacking and the animation of the weapon - but it doesn't actually show the frame for attacking at all.

Is this a bug or something?

Thanks! ^.^

zchin, check the CA thread. I have a solution posted there for your problem.

sf, Have you ensured you set your weapons user animation as the 'attack anim' animation id? If not, that is likely your problem.

death by moogles, You may have the same problem as SF. You might also just ensure that the battler includes the name ANIM in the filename. I believe it is required to be all upper case as displayed, but I dont remember.

Sobeman459, Half of the system is designed around the status containing a certain character etc. However, that said, it isnt required. You would simply adjust the status window in section 3(I think) in order to display all actors info and simply take and ignore the other data that would normally be passed to it. This would allow it to be compatible without adjusting the actual battle system.

As for the threat system, it is already there, but only subtly. There is currently no way to adjust it at this time without getting knee deep in the code. There is a battle definition (section 4) that is called rate_action which will look at various things such as range/attack type/expected damage/expected effected members/heal percents etc that all factor into the decision made on what the 'rating' is. If there is no possible targets it assigns a 0 to the rating making it impossible to be selected. This is the only place I recommend you look.

Can you list some games that uses this script?
http://www.creationasylum.net/forum/ind ... opic=25560

If there are any other questions I missed, just let me know.

zchin

Sponsor

There are 72 pages in the CA thread... I'm not really sure which page it's on or where to look. Could you point me in the right direction.

Thank you and have a nice day!

i have the same problem with game_guy
034.png

you can meet this problem in few turn, or more, or not.

Evilupstart":2662wt3s said:
That'd be fantastic. I've been looking for a battle system thats a bit different from all the others (side view, active, zelda like). If I knew how to succsessfully set up battles I'd definatly use this. It makes the player think more about what he/she is doing rather than just attack, attack, attack. I'm gonna use it for a more futuristic game though. Guns and Psychic powers will be the primary weapons, but your system can be easily changed to fit them with a few simple database edits and events.

I can attack using my swords, knives and brass knuckles..

Hi gubiD. I love this battle system! But Im having one error. Everytime that I try to make a battle, and when I win that battle, it cuts to a cut scene that you made for the demo, then quits out. How do I make it so that this cut scene doesnt appear and I just go back to where I originally was on the map?

Mask of Ice, you just need to remove my exit event code from the 'enter/exit' config section.

marththeprinceofwin, Use a set_character command from the talking event.

axetylen, this is due to a calculation error while trying to determine where to move. And easy way to resolve the error is to add a 'rescue nil' to the end of the line in which its crashing on. But that doesnt fix it, that just ignores it. The fix is far more involved. Since I will be rewriting GTBS here shortly for VX Ace, I would recommend you wait for that.

I have problem with this
when i choose "Move" and in a situation like this
e12d311b804de0180e607b34cfe88d12_43751338.1.700x0.png

the character can't go to the right place,he move to the left and get stuck
8cf1fbd40673ea24f848b6e68d19eb08_43751339.2.700x0.png

anh when I press "B" button,the character's direction is not go back to last-direction(face up instead of left in the 1st picture) and the move-area is missing,like this
52b4a3c3353f13862826a6bed707d9fa_43751369.3.700x0.png

do u have any idea to fix this problem?
//sorry for my bad english

I get the following error when trying to place a hero at the start of a battle.
Script 'GTBS v1.5.1 - Part1' line 810: NoMethodError occurred.

unedfined method 'collapse=' for#<Game_Actor0x84ddb00>
It occurs when the hero has completed a previous battle in the "knockout" state (dead).
I revive my heroes and remove all states after battles, but I can't figure out how to get rid of 'collapse'.
I'm using the RMXP 1.5.1.4 version. 1.4 seems to not have this issue.

Hi, I try to use Multiple Message Window and the Gtbs: i remove the Ccoa UMS, its patch (because they create compatible problems) and replace the line 1114 of Gtbs battle scene "@message_window = Window_Message.new" with "@message_window = [] @message_window[0] = Window_Message.new(0)" (as it written in the instruction of MMs because if i don't replace the lines the script give an error).
When the battle starts appear this problem

Thanks for your attenction.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.