Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

General Mapping Guidelines

• Nothing - it's everything I need!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • More examples for interiors.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More examples for exteriors.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • More examples for both interiors AND exteriors.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Examples on autotile usage.

• More tileset usage examples.

• Other/Not Listed

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Dude this is a Great Mapping Tutorial! This will Definely Help, I've always sucked at making mapping for some reason XD But anyway on the Sunset and bright sun? would anyone know how to make those change as it gets later and later? But Anyways Great Tutorial!

Well you can set up a parallel process common event that runs based off of a variable (time)
and if time = x then you set up a relevant screentone

Or you could pick up one of the many Advanced Time System Scripts laying around the Script Archive subforum

A cool little feature to add when making a night map is, if it's midnight or so where it's really dark, add Fog01, but make it still, and it makes everything look all shadowy.

Ok this helped with my houses and fields but, I am having problems detailing dungeons. Why I need to know how to detail dungeons is becuase You start in a Dungeon in Domain.

Here is my Dungeons can you help me?

Screenshot-03.png

Screenshot-04.png

Screenshot-05.png

Screenshot-06.png

Tuna

Awesome Bro

Kodi Hammon":ut6vqchu said:
Ok this helped with my houses and fields but, I am having problems detailing dungeons. Why I need to know how to detail dungeons is becuase You start in a Dungeon in Domain.

Here is my Dungeons can you help me?
I would recommend moving your screenshots to viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65492&start=180. You'll get a lot of good criticism there!

OK, well the turtorial looks very good, but i got a problem, in the standard farm house interior set.... how should i do the interior walls... without making the whole thing look like a fortress?

the problem:
a_farm_house.jpg
LATER EDIT: (as my mind started to work a little:P) :
a_farm_house2.jpg

Now the house looks much better (the first version was too large... this is the second and third version)

Tindy

Sponsor

Please don't post screen shots here... There's a designated thread for that.

But, I did warn you that the farm interior was tricky!

Eventually I'll just make a tutorial for the tileset, probably.

well.. the wood autotile worked like a charm!
looks nice now! :) thanx

And yes... I won`t be using this set for other maps:P

Tindy

Sponsor

Hey folks :)

Small update, I've seen a lot of people trying (and not succeeding) to use the dark forest canopy autotile in their maps lately, so I'd add a new map and a blurb describing how it probably ought to be used, as well as its current shortcomings.

Also a new banner, woo! :cheers:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.