Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fixed most my issues...Battle System won't work anymore :/

What about the battle system and time hud?
and I don't have blizzards i deleted it yesterday.

Point disp is working..put it under infinite lvls
Also infinite lvls was giving me the random stats, i managed to stop that :) Levels/stats completely fixed.

All i need is to figure out the Battle System and Time HUD...

Aw, but does the infinitelvs script work like it's suppose to?

I don't know anything about the time hud. I looked at it, but it's like combination Script + Event system. I don't even know how it's suppose to be used, or what it's suppose to look like to know if anything is wrong. No instructions.

The only thing wrong the battle system is the Battle Status. I can move the status icons up, they're cutoff under the atb bar.
And I'll see what I can do to bring the skill/item window forward.

infinite lvls working fine, i managed to reach lvl 109, no bugs anything, got my points to allocate and no random stats, no decrease of stats, it's doing perfect.

yeah i know status effects don't show in the battle system.
Gotta figure out how to give out 1 attack with weapons...can't even do a normal attack or weapon based skill, i can do defend/escape.

Time HUD can be found on moonpearls site, theres a demo ''Daily Life'' if you want i can post the demo, the HUD works in the demo, just not my project.

Now it crashes if i try to equip a weapon...ugh :/

Okay I seem to have equipment working fine and the battle worked, i attacked, even had double attacks working and all skills usable.

Still the Transparency in the menus bothers me...
Status effects Work but don't show on the bottom menu.
Stats work.

Time HUD is only problem now.

I'll post my rxdata

(Equip Crashes when You are using a LOADED GAME, if i do new game everything works, if i load a saved game, equips crash.)
(Battle system crashes when using a LOADED GAME too... But if it's NEW GAME, the battle system works fine (weapon error in the loaded game)

Yep the issues only happen on a loaded game, in new game mode everything works perfectly fine.

I believe knowing only Loaded Games bug that can narrow down the issues alot.
Since new games everything runs fine...so something is corrupting something when its a loaded game...and it seems to only be the weapons of the game.
(Armors too actually)
And then theres the Time HUD and Battler Status things but those are more minor since they don't crash the game.

''Multislot Other''

''class Scene_Load < Scene_File
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Fix equiped item if user load saved game
alias g7_ms_scene_load_read_save_data read_save_data
def read_save_data(file)
g7_ms_scene_load_read_save_data(file)
$game_actors.order_items # Order armor when you load a saved game in
# case it is an old game
end
# * End of CLASS: Scene Load
end
''

Could it be this?

Yep. You're save files have cancer.
I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do.

Wonky stuff happens when you edit the project file.
In this case, I saved, added a character to the map, load the file. And now the screen is tinted nearly black for no reason. FOR NO REASON!
And yes, now it crashes when using a skill -- even doing nothing to the project file.

In another project I was working on, it mixed up the map.id with equipment.id and crashed whenever changing maps.
I don't think they were using moonpearl scripts though. I figured it was just some weirdness when manipulating the save files.
hmm, You both use the SDK. Standard Development Kit. You're using an older version.
I could be on to something but need to run some tests.

In this case, I saved, added a character to the map, load the file. And now the screen is tinted nearly black for no reason. FOR NO REASON!

I believe this is an Issue with the daily life script (nighttime and shit) and possibly linked to Time HUD...
For some reason i also think the time HUD / daily life is the core reason of the cancer...

Yeah thats what's causing the tinting so that's not working properly...

But then if there are still issues without it...omg this is a seriously complex/hard one :/ i Think ZenVirZan would be needed here.

I have a theory for the save cancer, since in my project folder theres 40.sav files, but those aren't saved games, when i save a game that .sav file becomes an rxdata file and then the game is saved and registered/loadable, would this method of .sav to .rxdata thing be the cause of it? And if so, what script is doing this? Is it in the Moonpearl scripts?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.