Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fixed most my issues...Battle System won't work anymore :/

It must be that one of your characters has 0 max sp

You can change line 104 of Zen's script to
draw_actor_sp(@actor, 64, 64, 192, true) if @actor.maxsp != 0
the character will be missing the SP guage in this case.

Or just make sure the character has maxSP. [001/001 SP]
You could put in other safe guards for other unusual cases of actors with 0 maxhp or no name. But then, just don't do that.

By all means you are correct O_O Thanks alot for your support here and helping out, you also made the battle script less buggy too :D

Now all i need to do is figure out Time HUD and Lock/Unlock party members in the party page and I'm good to go :O

As far as I can tell, this is the only way to lock/unlock characters. By setting mandatory to true or false.
You'll need to know the character's party position, which might be tricky. Unless you remove/add people into a specific arrangement.
Character 1 in the array is [0] and is mandatory by default it seems. Character 2 is [1], 3 is [2] ect... To change the true or false at any point in the game you do this with the event's script command.
mandatory_zpsmb4u2g4n.png

But I could be missing something because I don't see where character 1 is set as mandatory by default in the script.

edit: nvm, it's not set to mandatory by default. There was an autorun event in the Moonpearl demo I was using that set it up.

Cassandrainbows":quzvsk9v said:
Stat distribution doesnt give me points on level up
ALso when i level up i gain +1random stat in ever stats, which i dislike completely.

You've got 2 different stat distribution scripts

one made by Synthesize
Synthesize_zpsx6vglha7.png

and another by Blizzard.
Blizzard_zpszwgojmte.png

The menu is set to open Synth's via:
$scene = Scene_Upgrade.new
if you want to change it to Blizzard's, use:
$scene = Scene_Points.new

http://picpaste.com/Screenshot__53_-bgzNgHo2.png

This happens in battle after i use a skill :/

I wanted Synths...i deleted the Blizzard one just now, forgot i even had it you (you shud delete it too)...It still doesn't give me points when i lvl up anymore....
And i still get a random increase of all stats each level (I've set them stagnant in the database so a script must be doing that).

Also another thing, the Skill/item selection menus are transparent, and the text basically appears ontop of character graphics...I wouldn't mind the menu hide the character graphic(being nontransparent ontop) (skill/item menu) in battle...its just for the visibility of selections.

Cassandrainbows":2glavr83 said:
http://picpaste.com/Screenshot__53_-bgzNgHo2.png

This happens in battle after i use a skill :/
It's trying to figure out the number of attacks the weapon can use. And it's a bad range.
Er, it reads the weapon's name for something like (3atks). So maybe the weapon isn't named properly.

I'm not sure how to replicate it since I don't know what weapons you're using.

Btw, were you able to go to the equip screen from the menu? I had to add an argument in one place so it wouldn't crash. There's so many scripts using different versions of the same method; It's like untangling Christmas lights when something isn't working.

I'm just using normal weapons, i don't see any different types except for names like ''Razor Edge Dagger'' Two Sided Axe, Grand Halberd and Holy Warhammer...i doubt those names are the issue, Equip menu works fine for me.

So what exactly do i have to do with the weapons to make them attack only once?

Thats odd. Can you upload your current scripts as they are now. Something must have been reordered or removed for the version that I downloaded to behave differently.

You could access the equip menu. But can't use skills.
I can use skills just fine. But couldn't access the equip menu.

Skills work fine for me.
You haven't applied my fixes the to battle system, but that's not it.
Some scripts were in a different order from the version I downloaded the other day. That could explain why I wasn't able to access the equip menu. But I can't get the error you're getting.

Are you sure this is how the scripts are currently arranged in your project? I'm just saying, even the graphics.rar I downloaded had files in the wrong folder. I don't know how you would have done it, but something must be shuffled around.

this is how they are currently, so idk what to do :/ and i don't get points for stats either D:
Can't attack, weapon based skills don't work either.
and I've applied your edits, unless there were new ones?

You got to delete Blizzard's Stat distribution script first.
See, there's a lot of scripts rewriting the same methods that handle Exp & Level up mechanics. So these methods need to be combined or aliased for compatibility. If not, it's going to use the last iteration of the method.

Synth's Stat script rewrote the Exp method to include points on level up.
But Blizzard's script is below that, and rewrote the Exp method to do it's own thing
AND below that, the Infinitelvls has it's own modification to the EXP method.
and non of these are aliased (building on to what came before it), so it's basically using the Infinitelvls version since it's at the bottom of the list and processed last.

So if you delete Blizzard's Stats and the Infinitelvls script, it'll work fine.
But if you really want to keep the Infinitelvls script you'll need someone to either weave the methods it uses all together, or alias them. Probably about the same amount of work. I'm not really interested in doing it myself.

This is why the order of scripts is important.
Like your Battler Status appearing over the Skill and Item menus in battle. Somewhere in the frame update methods it's drawing the Battler Status after it's drawing the menu element, putting it in front.
But tracing this stuff backwards and figuring out how to rearrange stuff is like untangling Christmas lights or unknotting a ball of string.
There's a lot to wade through.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.