Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Falling Platforms that fall after move

I didn't realise you tried my idea.
I'll explain better now:

Have a seperate parrelel process event that sets two variables to your player's X and Y coordinates.

Have the event tile "through" and player touch, where the event is turn self swithc A on, on the next page have the selfswitch A option selected at the top, place a conditional branch that asks if the player's Y variable do not= the tile's Y coordinate of the tile and a second conditional branch inside that one that asks if the player's X variable do not= the tile's X coordinate and inside that one turn self switch B on, the 3rd page should have self switch B option on and it should just be a fallen down tile with player touch and gameover or something.

Each time you copy/paste the tile event you will need to change it to the tile event's coordinates. When I get back onto VX I will design it for real and show it so you can convert it to XP.

Hrm. Wouldn't a simpler solution be, to have it so each floor tile event is set for hero touch and set to activate a self switch. Then on the 2nd page, (activated by self switch, on parallel process) it has a conditional branch for when the player presses a direction, which activates the "falling tile" bit. You'd have to make a copy of the branch for each direction on that same page, but that's easy. I was messing with this earlier, and the character SHOULD move before the branch effect happens. Then you just need it to to turn off the first self switch and then activate another that'd put it onto a blank event.

I'd post a screen, but I'm at work.

That wouldn't work for me because.. well.. try it for yourself. You'd need to hold the arrow key down instead of tapping it, which is not something you would do for a puzzle like this.

If you don't mind making a switch for each platform, you can make a Player Touch event on each tile that turns a tile adjacent to it off, depending on what direction the player is facing.

For instance, if I step on Tile A and then I walk on to Tile B going down, Tile B would have a Player Touch Conditional Branch that says something along the lines of "if player is facing down, turn off Tile A." I realize with 22 platforms it could be tedious, but it's the best thing I can think of that would work without causing a whole lot of lag (pretty sure).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.