Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Event help!

I have a couple of events I need help with.

Okay, i have an event on square A and this event moves me to square B where an event shows some text. Now I want both events to only happen once, so when you land on square A and it brings you to square B the text comes up, but then the events stop working and never do it again, if anyone understands what i mean.

Now I have another even that tells you to run into a cave and stops you from moving past that point. Now I want it to do it but only until you go into the cave. If you come out of the cave I want it to stop and never do it again.

Now I want an event that makes a rockslide come down infront of a cave door when you enter the cave. I have no clue how to do said rockslide or anything, I need total help!

Thanks in advance, I'm useless with events but i need to learn!

okay, I figured out switches (Yay lol) but now I still need help with my rock slide thing.

Is there a way to make it so when I enter the cave a rock slide come down (animated of course!) in front of the entrance?

In the cave, make a touch-triggered event in on a spot where the player will walk, or alternatively, an autostart(I recommend this way.).

Have the event play an animation on the spot of exit(like one of the earth magic animations from the RTP.).

Then have the exit event's graphic change to a rock(a character set, or one from the tileset.).

Then turn a switch on. You might want to have some sound effects in there somewhere.

This probably isn't descriptive enough. ':|

Well, it should be enough info for you to take it an run.

Make an event that switchs the events with the rock graphic on (when you touch it) it and make the rocks just move down with the highest frequency...Put the Event touch and Through on and if he gets touched by one make his life go down

Luminier;331790 said:
In the cave, make a touch-triggered event in on a spot where the player will walk, or alternatively, an autostart(I recommend this way.).

Have the event play an animation on the spot of exit(like one of the earth magic animations from the RTP.).

Then have the exit event's graphic change to a rock(a character set, or one from the tileset.).

Then turn a switch on. You might want to have some sound effects in there somewhere.

This probably isn't descriptive enough. ':|

Well, it should be enough info for you to take it an run.

I have it so that when you enter the map an event sends you up to another event and that one makes my screen shake and my rocks fall and it all works but for some reason the second time I go over this event that makes all the stuff happen it makes the screen shake again even though I have a switch turned on, and another event page that tells it to do nothing if the switch is on. I don't want it to make the screen shake again, only the one time. If you understand what I mean.

That was a long sentence lol.

Ah, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said to make a touch event.

Just make an autostart event, then add in all the crap that you want, then turn on a switch. That should work.

Don't forget to use multiple pages! ;)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.