Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Ethereal Dreams

Wow, I LOVE it.
It imitates the game, and the metahumor in there is just incredible.
But, then again, I never metahumor I didn't like.

I'm glad everyone is taking the change okay so far....And Enjoying it!  We were really nervous introducing this big of a change, since Ethereal Dreams seemed to be rather popular.  Thanks everyone.

Trying to match the humour of the Ace Attorney games was a lot of fun I've got to say.  lol

This is awesome. I never played PW before so I stumbled a little with the features. But when I got to the end, I wanted more. A++ material right here.
This is a joke, right?

I love the April Fools joke you got going on, but either way, this is f'ing AMAZING.

I want this Phoenix Wright system so bad I'm willing to pay you for it.

So without further ado, I shall now spam your inbow for this Phoenix Wright system.

Also, nice edit of Godot's sprite on Darin.  xD

Anonymous

this is fucking incredible i love you

ethereal dreams is officially my new favorite project

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3782/afmi2.png[/img]
I hope everyone enjoyed the prank :) We defiantly enjoyed making it. (Well, Maks might be throughly sick of dots for a bit)
I'll be restoring the first post later, but I'll be sure to keep the link up to Drunk Attorney for those who didn't get a chance to play it yet. If you have a sharp eye, you might catch 13 cameos (with a couple repeats) in the demo ;) A cookie if you can name them all (one or two might be nigh impossible though)

@xephyr: All the sprites are actually heavily edited (read: traced over) rips from PW and AJ, generally always using the same character. Bonus cookie to anyone who can name which PW characters all the ED characters were traced off of.
And I'll pm you later about possibly sharing the unencrypted version ;) (might be a couple days before I get to it)

Keep it for a long while imo, it's one of the coolest things. And were some of the cameos in the jury that shows for like 2 seconds? D:

Well, I've got a bunch of the cameos listed here.
Left side, going from closest to farthest:
Volrath
Artbane
Jbrist
?
?
Right side, closest to furthest.
Luna Moonbane
?
Arshes/Aluxes
Vikon
?

@Gratheo:
The unknown ones there are a bit harder.  n.n  Jbrist is wrong, but every other one you guessed is spot on.  :thumb:
The spectators only make up 10 of the 13 cameos however.  A great start though.  XD  So I'll place a chocolate chip on your cookie for each one n.n 

Ooh, I didn't notice those at all, I'll have to get to that part again to take a screenshot and then check. :> I do remember seeing a panda, though; J-street?

@Reives:
It's actually at the very beginning as well as the end, so it shouldn't be too hard to get to :) And correct! The panda is J-street

Awesome game, I actually played it because I wanted to see how you handled the PW court setup. You did such an amazing job with it.

I wish I had been more of a follower of this game, but the character designs have always turned me off (the main character's ears really bug me for some reason, and I've never been a big fan of the anime-style). This is going to make me care about this project so much more now.

Still, you did such a a fantastic job emulating phoenix wright. How hard was it to make that, and will you guys be releasing this system (I've been wanting to make a PW fangame for a while, I've even made some graphics for it). Classic.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.