Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content DVT: Season 1 Finished.

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Thanks for all the great comments. Hopefuly more people will watch and comment. Just curious, and this can bring up some discussion, hopefuly, anyone have any idea who "The Shadow" Is yet? This is really the first episode where he's in half of the scenes lol.

Also, I'm curious as to what people thought of the new scene selector. =D

Ah thanks =D In season 2, and no matter what THERE WILL BE A SEASON 2 I might put it in the front by the Everyone rating. Not sure yet.

Also, I've still got no feedback on the scene selector O.o can someone please tell me what they think of it?

Speedpaws":y401v8qy said:
Ah thanks =D In season 2, and no matter what THERE WILL BE A SEASON 2 I might put it in the front by the Everyone rating. Not sure yet.
you can rate it yourself ;) click the image to go to the website, and high quality images can be downloaded there!

Speedpaws":y401v8qy said:
Also, I've still got no feedback on the scene selector O.o can someone please tell me what they think of it?
nice,but it's a bit slow... and the way to get back should be more obvious...

Eh, I'll try to speed it up for season 2. Since I'm planning on using the title and scene selector for the finale to be what is done in season 2. Now that the finale is done though, I can officially start the Domain Game. It will cover the whole first season and will be 2 games in one.

Mod Story: Play as the mods for the whole first season.

Rebels: Play as the rebels for the whole first season.

With the episodes, you’re used to seeing both sides and what's going on, but in the game, when you play as one story, you don't get to see what's happening with the others. Even if you have watched the series, I would suggest people should play the game when it comes out. It will have more scenes that I didn't have time, or forgot to add to the series. It will also have puzzles and just will enhance the whole Domain experience. There will still be cut scenes quite often, but at least you will get to play as your favorite characters. Who knows, there might be a few surprises. Depends on what my devious mind thinks up. XD

So keep a lookout for Domain: Virtual Takeover The Game! Hopefuly coming sometime in the next year. =P

Since I'm moving, it's kind of hard to tell when I'll be able to start and work on it, but I'll do my best! =)

regi

Sponsor

Heya Speedpaws. Saw this topic was getting some attention and decided to try it out :wink:

Great job on this, it's one of the first good episodic RM projects I've seen. Here's a little review I've put together.
  First, you had some great humor in it. Had me chuckling a bit here and there, good work on that.
  Also, I liked the little add-ons you had toward the beginning of the project. Things like the fish falling down the waterfall, the hawk attacking the small bird, and how all the characters actually blink really add a nice touch to the game.
  The music was also awesome, most of them really fit the scene, since you picked them out instead of composing them. I liked the tilesets and characters, too, and the mapping was great.
  Storyline had a nice twist to the usual cliche war between king and rebels-- I liked that they were actually real people in a virtual world. You had some great cliffhangers in there, had me racing to download the next episode.

There are a few glitches and things you need to work on here and there, though. The "previously on DVT" takes too long; you shouldn't replay the whole scene, just parts of it (this is mainly about the beginning of Ep. 1 & 4). Try and keep it 4 or 5 sentences max for each scene, otherwise it gets boring.
  About the story, any background on Threetrey and Aaron, how did they get to the desert base? They seem like just two random players added in for no reason, and I'm confused as to what part they play in it. Of course, you might have covered them in Episode 7 or later, but I haven't gotten there.
(Speaking of which, you need to fix the Ep. 7 link, it's down.)

Let's see, one of the logs is cut off in the graveyard, Ep. 3, a small mapping error. Are there supposed to be two moons at the top of the canyon (the panorama in the desert)? And at one point in a flashback, a guy said "Oh frap! The battery is running out!" instead of "Oh crap."
  You seem to have many redundant phrases ("Oh no!", "What's wrong?") that can be omitted, especially because I'm a fast reader and hate having to wait for them to finish talking. An option to speeding up the text would help, although not necessary.

Those were just a bit of things I caught here and there, sorry it's not very organized. But otherwise it seems like a solid project. Good luck with season 2, and fix up the Ep. 7 link so I can continue watching!

Hey Regi, thanks for the comments. Yeah, there are quite a few things that need fixing. Here are some notes.

1: The website is down for some reason. Not sure why. I think it's just a temp thing. Once it comes back up, which hopefully is soon, you should be able to watch.

2: Threetrey, Aaron, Nin, Sketch, and Verafor (Sketch and verafor not seen in the series to far but talked about) joined Cid's rebel team during the 6 weeks that wasn't seen. It isn't seen in the series as to how they joined, but I plan to reveal that in the game. Another reason for people to play, to get more history during the 6 week period that wasn't shown.

3: Thanks for pointing out the glitches, I'll look into them =)

4: Yes, there are supposed to be 2 moons. In episode 2, you see one, but in episode 4, you see 2. It kind of shows how the sky rotates, like they are on a moving planet.

5: Thanks for pointing out the Mapping errors. Them, and the glitches will be fixed in the game. And I think I'll release better versions of the current episodes during that time.

6: I think during season 2, I'll have the option to speed or slow down text. It would be a lot more work though, but I'll see what I can do. It's kind of hard since every sentence that anyone says is a different speed depending on how long their sentence is.

7: Previously on Domain, I know. Honestly, I hate having the previously on Domain. I just did that so people would have a refresher since I took so long to get episodes out. I didn't add one for the finale. Most likely I won't have one for season 2. And if I do, I'll try and add the option to skip it by hitting the escape key.

I hope some of that information helps.

Regi, the "frap" thing is purpose. In Domain there is supposed to be a built in censor to prevent vulgarity. It switched Fuck into Frap. This is based on a forum that speedpaws and I used to frequent that did the exact same thing.

I can see how it would seem like a glitch though.

I would like to announce that the website is back up and all the episodes downloadable.

On a sadder note. I'm moving in like 7 hours. I won’t have internet at all where I'm going. So during the next year I'll be working on season 2. If I find an internet location with my laptop, I'll stop by from time to time and give an update. Keep posting though! I look forward to reading comments and suggestions when I look back in the topic.

So keep posting people! And be expecting season 2 in about a year! XD Sad I know, but I thought I would let you know instead of me just vanishing and you wondering what happened to me. Season 2 will probably be released at the same time the Season 1 game is done. Seems like a lot to do in a year, but heck, I'll get it done. =)

So I wish you guys all good luck. And like I said. KEEP POSTING! =D

Ayame

Definitely XD I've been following this series since I started messing with RMXP. Until now, it's still in my small list of RMXP projects that I want the next episode/chapter/arc get released XD Good luck with season 2

Ah, as the site is up, you should make some new updates lolz the last one was in, well, like a year ago.

Akura

Aw, no internet?
Well try to visit often!
Also, add an RSS feed or a mailing list for Domain so us viewers can stay in touch.
:) Don't forget us Speedpaws :P

hey everyone. I finally got a chance to get connected and I just wanted to give people an update. Yeah, I'm wierd giving an update so soon. I'm still planning on making the season 1 Domain game, however, I've actually been getting into working on Season 2. The script for the first episode is already written, and I'm about to put it into production. Yay! lol. Yeah I'm wierd. =p but I have to say, I really like the idea of season 2.

If you haven't seen the finale yet, don't read the spoiler. =p

People found out that the first season was a story being told by April. In season two, I'm going to be sticking with that, well, until she gets you guys up to date. As far as I see, Episodes 1 - 5 will be the story, and the rest will continue off of the present moment. It really depends on what my brain comes up with. Haha.

So what do you guys think?

Sounds really cool Speedpause.

What if it all ends up that this is a story being told by someone else, who has part of his story being a story by April? It'd be like Don Quixote!

Or what if it's Betawolf telling the whole story, but part is told by April, part of that is told by April, and then part of that is told by Betawolf?

Wow that didn't make any sense.

Haha. don't worry. After April's story is over, hers is the only story. I promise i wont make the whole series just a random story being told by someone else XD haha. That would suck, and I don't plan on pulling that stupid trick.

Hm. I really have nothing better to do atm, (with the Blacksmith's Apprentice temporarily subdued ;-;) so I guess I'll check this out.
Downloading now...
Edit: I downloaded the prolouge, but when it shows the guy with gray hair typing at the begining of the game, it says it failed to load bitmap and shuts down. Help?

So far I've played the Prolouge and Chapter One, and I've found this to be quite fun, as well as an interesting spoof to forums and chatspeak. But what do Volrath and Artbane have to do with this? O_O

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.