Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content DVT: Season 1 Finished.

Dead content awaiting restoration.
A lot. Mwahahaha. Seriously though. Volrath plays a big part in this, and so does Artbane. You will see my young friend. You will see. ;-) Or, my old friend? I'm not sure how old you are! XD

Speedpaws":3cux1srd said:
A lot. Mwahahaha. Seriously though. Volrath plays a big part in this, and so does Artbane. You will see my young friend. You will see. ;-) Or, my old friend? I'm not sure how old you are! XD
Younger than you think.
Anywho, I just finished Episode Eight. My favorite thing about this is all these awesome special effects. Although I personally found the other areas of the game a bit lacking, it really is entertaining. It took up way to much space on my jump drive though, so I had to wipe the episodes off at that point. I might get around to watching the Season Finale some time. :)

Lol. Well, thanks for your honesty. I'm not sure what exactly was lacking, I know the dialogue isn't the best, and the mapping could be improved, and same with the tilesets, but that's all being fixed as I work on turning the series into an actuall game. I've gotten better, at least I hope, so I'll be able to fix up the episodes and turn them into a game. =)

I actually though the mapping was gorgeous in outdoor areas. Two things I would like to see imrproved, though:
-Please make a pause feature. ;-; I have enough freetime between episodes, but I need to pause it in-between, and pressing F1 is kind of... unproffesional, you might say. I know it's been said before, but please! It's driving me crazy! :crazy:
-Dialouge feels unproffesional at times, like how after the death of Sightless' brother the rest of the rebels just kind of say "Meh, it's war, it happens," which doesn't really seem like them. Don't they care about each other at all?

regi

Sponsor

For pausing, you could just click outside the game window. Since the music isn't synched with the cutscenes, it shouldn't matter too much if it keeps playing.

Yeah. I'm going to fix some things. I've been playing some games recently and have figured out how to use the technology tile set, so you will see some better indoor mapping. Plus I'm going to be fixing tile sets.

Believe it or not, lately, I've been watching the Domain episodes and I've noticed all the problems and glitches, and small things that I shouldn't have added. I hope that soon, possibly by the end of December, I will have most of the game done, and another newer version of the episodes, but a BETTER version of the episodes.

With my growth with designing, which I think came out in the finale (hopefully); I think I'll be able to make Episodes 1 - 8 better. So stay tuned. XD

ALSO About the pause feature. I tried adding that from a script someone gave me, but it messed up the game data or something, and so it didn't work. I'll try and figure out another way to do it...

I have some very good news. I have just aquired a new computer. (Old one died) so now I can start working on the series again. The development of two minisodes is underway, or I guess you could say 3. The first one should be out hopefuly within a week. So keep checking back for updates. =)

Man, I just can't get things done much anymore. I have 45 hour work weeks, (yes, my manager's an ass, but hey, at least I get money out of it! :P) and it's sucking up all my free time. However, the good news is that a couple minisodes have been started on, and season 2 is being completely planned out.

However, here is some more bad news. I decided that I'll be going back to school this fall. I'm paying for it, and I know I don't have to, I decided to finish up my AA degree.

Until then, just cheer me on to finishing the minisodes! =D And the production of season 2 will start hopefuly in the beginning of september.

Alright, I'm sure many people are wondering what's going on. Since they haven't been able to post because the last post is over a month old, I decided to revive the topic. This is what's going on. Some of you may or may not like it. Too bad :P

Lately, within the past couple months, I have been writing a book. The Domain story is going to be written, and hopefully published. It depends. As I've been writing the book, I've been changing a lot of things. There's more back-story on the three main characters, Betawolf, Sightless, and Sublime. The problem I'm facing is that the episodes are so different now compared to the new better story that I'm writing.

What does this mean for Domain? Well, at this point in time, I've been thinking about going back and changing the episodes to reflect the book a bit more so the story is more understandable. But then I wonder if the series will become more boring because there's more dialogue to read. Plus you would have to go back and rewatch the episodes to understand.

So for me, it’s either remaking them to match the book, or just stop the series altogether. This is the point where I REALLY need your thoughts. So basically, if I don't get any replies, this project is going to die as I continue to write the book. You will have to finish the story by reading it. So thoughts, questions, comments?

Well, I personally think that you've come way to far to just scrap the whole thing. Your movie is a lot like most books and movies too, by the sounds of it. The book will always be better, you know?

So, what you could do is...

Keep all the episodes, while still maintaining the book, and you could actually just make another series to reflect everything that wasn't seen in the first series of movies. Almost like a prequel...Like stuff that was happening at the same time, but wasn't shown, if that makes sense...

I also think that's pretty cool too, to be honest with you. Then people could be watching something that took place in the same time period, but from different perspectives.

Another thing is you could keep what you already have, and then just make an extended version of the series. People will always rewatch the series if they enjoyed it the first time through, and want to see extended footage.

Hope that helps.  :thumb:

Just go on with the series! I regularly visit this website for Domain updates. On the other hand, you can do a spin off on the book. Keep em' coming!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.