Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Deo Capax

02/01/07 - NOTE: I realize this topic is in serious need of editing, and I will be doing that SOON! A lot of work has been accomplished with this recently, and I'll be updating it with that in a few days.

â€Ã‚Â

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING, I NEED IT!!
READ BELOW

Forgive the double post, but I wanted this separate from the main topic so it wouldn’t be something like ‘Oh, he changed it, what’s new?….oh…only new people’

I will be posting a topic looking for people and merely updating this post as I get people to sign on to help with the development of this game.

NEEDED
Lead Scripter (Needs Extensive Knowledge/Experience in scripting in RMXP)
Lead Graphic Artist
Secondary Graphic Artist
Lead Background Artist
Lead Musician (Must be willing to compose original music for specific use within this game)

There will be several other ‘spots’ I’m sure to fill to not only make this game the best it can be, but to also speed its release.

Those who are wanting to join the project, please check the thread here

FILLED
Secondary Scripter - Socrates

Rye

You already know my opinion on this. ^_^ It's very good sounding, and you people who can do those things he needs and are reading this should help out! ^_^
Good luck Sketch~

|3_32

Sponsor

You have got to love the style.

Psychological Thriller on a boat, with an agorapbobic. Given the choice, I'd be in the nearest cupboard cowering. But I'm sure that won't be in there.

Nice start, can't wait to see the graphic styles!

All truth be told Sketch, this looks fantastic. I can definitely see how much effort you put into the presentation of this. It sounds alot like this is going to take a shitload of scripting though, either event or rgss. Still, the whole premise of this makes me shiver. I'll just say that I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Yeah...that's the only part that honestly kinda of has me nervous. Art I can always find someone willing to do a bit here and a bit there...but the scripting and the amount of actual -custom- scripting I'll need is massive...so I'm really hoping I can get someone to help me out on this.

Ah yes this is what I've been waiting for you to post about ^_^ it sounds fantastic and creepy at the same time^^.

I wish I could help you with graphics but I am rather busy and cant possibly add anything else to my schedule. Sorry.

EDIT: What happend to the adventure maker idea?

OH MAN! These are the kind of games that own! If it's anything at all like Silent Hill then it will kick ass. It looks very interesting and different. I can't wait to see more of the enimies!

Cygnea

Sponsor

Ha, told you I'd read this! And my first impression is that your game creeps me out... ._. Maybe I shouldn't have waited until so early in the morning to read this in the dark...

However, it does looks like it'll be very interesting and compelling, and maybe I'll one day work up the courage to play it.

Danny

Sponsor

This looks really good sketch, and I wish you all the best with it. I see it going to be a fully original game and I admire you for doing this. Goodluck with it :)

I always thought the idea of creating a survival horror game with rpg maker was a bit silly but the way you are going about it seems like it could work. There definitely is a heavy Clock Tower presence in the actual gameplay mechanics but the story feels more Silent Hill. I just hope you rely more on the atmosphere you create to induce horror rather than cheap pop up scares.

Atmposhere is everything Artbane. Since it's going to be a 2D game, and rely on images to really draw you in instead of effects, the atmosphere really is going to be the number 1 thing I'm going to be focusing on. I don't want to give too much about the game away just yet...but there will be parts (i hope) that will actually make you cringe and jump a bit. It's all about subtle surprises, and taking the story in a direction you really weren't expecting.

And thanks for the kind words everyone. But this is a really ambitious project that may take at least 6 months to a year to get fully done to how I want (And this is just the first chapter!!) so hopefully I can assemble a team to help me out here.

And...dj...
djrodrix said:
Another promising project rising out here.
C'mon, let the MMOPRG noobs rule!!!

Huh? This isn't an MMO

Looks good :lol: I liked the enemies section the most, very dark. I'd do the scripting for you, but I'm a bit busy struggling with my own project.

Myonosken said:
Heh, well you know what I think.

And don't even ask- the answer is still no at the minute XD.

DAMN YOU MYONO! One day ...ONE DAY....or I'll just fine someone else who can do badass backdrops like you can XD

I need some advice on how to graphically present this game...lol

I originally had it one way, then talking to someone I decided on doing the side view Adventure Game style....however, talking with Tana a bit tonight I'm wondering if I should go back to my original idea (Possibly more work, possibly not....it depends)

The way it is now, about 40-50 had drawn/rendered backdrops. And then hand drawn/custome sprites for EVERY character in the game (Since it's a large than RMXP 640x400 screen.)

Now, the original idea was (possibly) a pseudo Isometric view (Slanted rooms, at a 45 degree angle and a cutsom tilesset for it OR a normal view like any other RPG. (Either way, a custom tileset would be needed as it's on a cruise ship and the sprites are larger than RTP) And then custom templates for the characters and NPCs, as well as the monsters.

So...I guess the question is which should I go with? It's more personal preference now, and if I'm gonna make an RMXP game i think I should make a more 'RPG-ish' game than Adventure...or maybe not.

Opinions greatly appreciated as I work more on the skeleton framework of the story.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.